Water Heater Apprentice
Do you enjoy working with your hands and learning about the way things work? Are you excited about providing great customer service and solving problems?
We are looking for a Water Heater Apprentice who is eager to learn, create estimates, answer customer questions and perform repairs and installations of water heaters. The ideal candidate wants to learn and grow their knowledge in the Plumbing Industry and embark on a career with a company that regularly shows commitment to work-life balance and professional and personal development for a growing Plumbing and Water Heater company in Livermore, CA.
Keep reading IF:
YOU ARE A POSITIVE TEAM PLAYER AND EXCELLENT COMMUNICATOR with strong interpersonal skills. You ask good questions to make sure you understand what the customer is requesting and you can communicate with a variety of customers, develop rapport quickly and know the importance of active listening.
YOU ARE TECHNICALLY AND MECHANICALLY INCLINED and enjoy working with your hands. You have a genuine interest in learning about the way things work and you are consistently looking to improve and elevate your skills and technical prowess.
YOU ARE FLEXIBLE & EAGER TO HELP PEOPLE as schedules and customer needs can change and you are able to pivot and adapt. You display a natural caring attitude toward others, and you are able to listen more than talk to help find solutions for the customer and internal employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
In the first 60 days and ongoing:
- Begins with the classroom portion of Barnett’s water heater school watching presentations, completing quizzes regarding the water heater parts and systems, and asking questions that show eagerness to learn and understanding.
- Practices at least two water heater installations in the shop on used water heaters for training and instruction on every step of the water heater installation process.
- By week 4, performs observed in-field installation, from estimating a level 1 installation.
3-4 months and ongoing:
- By 3 months, has graduated from water heater school, Level 1, by completing the classroom portion, practice installations in the shop, and has conducted 10 installations in the field with no recalls from the inspector, and completed estimates with the appropriate details and correct diagnosis for resolution.
- Handles customer questions and possible frustrations, and when needed, escalates upset customers to the Field Service / South Bay Manager.
- Effectively inputs estimate and paperwork into the ServiceTitan software for internal records including filled out water heater estimate form, the complete estimate, pictures of the job, payment, and customer signatures and closing out the job.
Within the 6th month mark and ongoing:
- Consistently completes 2 jobs daily within 4 hours, communicating with the scheduler and nearby water heater technicians to partner on 3rd daily installation when needed.
- Begins Saturday install rotation schedule. Is dependable and reliable for assigned days and communicates prior if there are conflicts to adjust schedules.
- Accurately review jobs to determine if replacement is necessary or maintenance is possible to perform work onsite or soon after.
12th month mark and ongoing:
- Actively seeks out training opportunities to work on more complex water heaters by shadowing and learning from Master Water Heater Technicians.
- By 12-18 months in seat, masters Level 1 water heater installation training, completing accurate water heater estimates, installing 40/50g water heaters in a garage or outside closet, proficient with all Tech 1 protocols and ServiceTitan and has performed 350 water heater installations.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 1+ years demonstrated experience in Plumbing or Electrical a plus but NOT required
- Openness to learn something new every day required
- Proven ability to be troubleshooting and problem solving with a strong sense of urgency, initiative and drive required
- Possess a valid CA Driver’s License, good driving history and dependable transportation required
- Demonstrated experience with field service or project management software, such as ServiceTitan, Jobber, or Synchroteam a plus
- Ability to lift and/or operate tools and devices in order to work with water heaters, typically minimum 100-150 lbs required
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience
WHO WE ARE:
Family first mindset, time is important to us at Barnett Plumbing & Water Heaters, and we pride ourselves on work-life balance and giving our team the flexibility to spend more time with the family. There are no emergency services and no after-hours.
Professional and personal growth for all employees is a top priority at Barnett Plumbing & Water Heaters. Training is emphasized and personal development is implemented to develop relationship skills that will be useful in every part of their life.
Full Health Coverage, Dental & Vision Insurance, 401K with company match, PTO & 7 paid Holidays, Parental leave, and Employee Care Program with 24/7 access to Marketplace Chaplains, Counseling, and Chiropractic benefits.