Bio-Rad is seeking a VP, GSC Strategy. The VP, Global Supply Chain Strategy will be responsible for overseeing Supply Chain Strategy Development. Reporting to the EVP Global Supply chain, this person will partner with Business & Global Supply Chain Leadership to align the Supply Chain strategy with the needs of a growing business.
His/her mission is to support the growing maturity of the supply chain through industry benchmarking and data driven analysis. By utilizing continuous improvement and LEAN methodologies, enable horizontal and functional transformational initiatives/innovation. Included are technology investments including RPA and AI in the Supply Chain environment. Ensure our factories are able to support the growth of the business through Business Continuity Planning and supporting M&A activity. These activities are aimed at helping the Supply Chain Organization deliver increased cost savings, accelerate sales growth, reduce working capital and build new capabilities.
Work collaboratively with EVP Global Supply Chain, VPs of Global Supply Chain and Bio-Rad Business Leaders to develop & refresh the worldwide Supply Chain strategy. This position will play a crucial role in accelerating the maturity of the Supply Chain. This role will support the growth of Bio-Rad globally by making recommendations to align business objectives with the long-term Supply Chain roadmap and to improve the overall maturity of the Global Supply Chain.
BUILD LOYAL CUSTOMERS
- Meeting dynamic Customer requirements – Working with the commercial organization, segment our customer base to align supply chain offerings with customer values and increase both margin and customer service levels. Engage with cross functional stakeholders and Benchmark key competitors to gather data and develop insights; help deliver insights and recommendations.
- Corporate Social Responsibility – Working with the ESG team, identify and execute on Environmental sustainability activities to reduce our carbon footprint, increase use of recycled materials and reduce the use of water and paper.
SUPPORT REVENUE GROWTH
- Business Continuity: Ensure we have the critical resources (Plant, people, equipment) necessary to support the growing business.
- Risk and resiliency – Identifying where important supply chain vulnerabilities lie and identifying strategies to address risk exposure.
- Mergers and acquisitions – Defining a process for evaluating Global Supply Chain M&A. Support all group M&A activities.
EXPAND GROSS MARGINS:
- Initiate transformation initiatives: By utilizing continuous improvement and LEAN methodologies, enable horizontal and functional transformational initiatives/innovation. Included are technology investments including RPA and AI in the Supply Chain environment.
- Driving Business Benefits from our Global ERP System: Identify areas of efficiency; current and future; work with IT on GSC requirements.
- Analytics and performance management – Using real-time data analytics, visualization software, and other resources to help understand cost to serve and facilitate informed supply chain decision-making.
- Global footprint strategy and network design – Aligning supply chain, supplier base, and customer footprints to meet current requirements and position for growth.
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering, Sciences or Business, MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 15 yrs in progressively growing management experience (track record) required in Global Supply Chain. Experience in the Healthcare/BioPharma industry.
- Minimum 7 years of leadership experience working on an Executive team in Global Supply Chain.
- Visionary, strategic and global thinking.
- Strong critical thinking and business curiosity, including exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to maintain and build models and interpret large data sets, generating relevant insights/recommendations Technical / financial acumen with excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills in a matrix organization involving different stakeholders and organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships.
- Experience with Board of Directors.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- An ability to influence others and build strong collaborative relationships will be extremely important.
- The individual should possess strong leadership qualities, including the ability to create and articulate a concise vision and objectives. The candidate will have strong people skills in the areas of selection, coaching and developing. Finally, the candidate should be a good communicator both upward and downward and be comfortable dealing with executive management on a regular basis.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-BT1