Las Positas College provides an inclusive, learning-centered, equity-focused environment that offers educational opportunities and support for completion of students’ transfer, degree, and career-technical goals while promoting lifelong learning. At Las Positas College we know that equity will be achieved by changing the impacts of structural racism, ableism, homophobia, and systematic poverty on student success and access to higher education, achieved through continuous evaluation and improvement of all services. We believe in a high-quality education focused on learning and an inclusive, culturally-relevant environment that meets the diverse needs of all our students and staff.
Equity is parity in student educational outcomes; it places belonging for students of color and disproportionately impacted students at center focus. Our prized and emerging equity efforts include Puente, Umoja, ConnectUp, Brother 2 Brother, Sister 2 Sister, Black Student Union, Presidential Task Force on Systemic and Institutionalized Racism, the Presidential Speaker Series, Black Education Association, UndocuAlly Taskforce, curriculum reviews and a linguistic justice curriculum.
Located in Livermore, Las Positas College is becoming an institution that reflects the diversity in California. We are a learning-centered institution focused on excellence and student success, and are fully committed to supporting all Tri-Valley residents in their quest for education and advancement.
Joining Our College Community
We seek equity-minded applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits diversity brings to an educational community. We look for applicants who:
1. Value and intentionally promote diversity and consciousness of difference
2. Demonstrate cultural humility and an ongoing desire to improve cultural competence
3. Are dedicated to addressing issues of social justice
4. Accept their shared role and responsibility in addressing opportunity and achievement gaps experienced by students
5. Have experience and success in closing student equity gaps and engaging in equitable practices, or are knowledgeable and enthusiastic about implementing practices that achieve these goals
6. Actively seek to identify, disrupt, and remove institutional and/or systemic barriers that adversely impact historically marginalized communities
7. Empower the underrepresented and underserved
8. Foster students’ potential to become global citizens and socially responsible leaders
9. Believe that all people have the right to an education and work environment free from fear, harassment, or discrimination
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking a Vice President, Academic Services for Las Positas College in Livermore, California.
The Vice President, Academic Services is a management position designated by the Board of Trustees for the Chabot-Las Positas Community College District. The incumbent is responsible for the satisfactory completion and/or coordination of the listed duties and responsibilities either directly or through administrative review. The incumbent is charged by the Board of Trustees with the satisfactory implementation of Board policy and District procedure as applicable to the position. In addition, the incumbent is expected to participate in the formulation of District policies by making appropriate recommendations for improvements or additions in policy or procedure through his or her reporting authority and/or by serving on District-wide councils.
The Vice President, Academic Services is the Chief Instructional Officer and is responsible for the overall design, organization, delivery, supervision, evaluation, and fiscal management of a comprehensive instructional program, including general education, transfer programs, career technical education, non-credit education, contract education, and athletics. The Vice President may be assigned additional responsibilities as part of the senior management team. This position reports directly to the College President and works collaboratively with the Vice President of Student Services and Vice President of Administrative Services.
The Vice-President of Academic Services shall be elected by the Governing Board upon the recommendation of the College President and the District Chancellor.
NOTE: This class specification is not necessarily all-inclusive in terms of the duties and responsibilities.