Behavior problems are the number one cause of relinquishment of dogs and cats to animal shelters. Veterinary Behavior Specialists is helping to change this statistic by giving dedicated pet owners the support and tools they need to keep their beloved pets in their homes.
Veterinary Behavior Specialists is seeking a self-motivated, dependable veterinary assistant or technician with exceptional communication skills to provide part-time administrative and clinical support. We are a small, but busy one doctor practice therefore we are seeking a team member who is excited to contribute to all aspects of the practice. After mastering administrative duties this position offers the possibility of increasing client coaching and technical support.
Essential duties consist of, but are not limited to:
- Providing customer support to clients, clinic staff, and veterinarians fostering positive relationships
- Communicating with clients and potential clients
- Scheduling appointments, obtaining appropriate paperwork from clients, requesting records from referring veterinarians, and accepting payment
- Maintaining VBS records and patient records
- Checking patients in upon arrival
- Work standing and kneeling for up to 8 hours per shift
With increased experience additional duties may consist of, but are not limited to:
- Providing client coaching and technical support as directed by VBS veterinarians.
- Using low-stress handling techniques. Ability to restrain patients using these techniques.
- Performing venipuncture on canine and feline patients
If you are interested in applying for our position please email your cover letter and resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org