The Quality Systems Division for Bio-Rad is a global leader in providing a broad array of clinical diagnostic controls to ensure laboratory measurements are within standards, enabling labs to provide accurate medical test results to physicians and patients. As part of this ecosystem, the division also provides a growing family of software applications that help clinical laboratories worldwide to track their performance and support their efforts in accreditation. Laboratory technicians use this software to check the accuracy of their test results through internal statistical analysis and external comparison against peer results of laboratories throughout the world. The real-world impact of this software is to help doctors accurately diagnose patient problems and provide the proper treatment, saving lives and improving the quality of life for millions.
We’re looking for a passionate UX researcher who has user-centric mindset. You will work with software engineers, product management, and marketing to deliver exceptional customer experience through quality user research insights, using qualitative, quantitative and mix-methods, to help set strategy and achieve outstanding usability and user experience for our world-class Unity data management application used globally by health-care professionals as well as other marketing projects like web, customer journey across stages in the buying and on-boarding process.
This position is eligible for a hybrid/flex schedule.
- Develop thoughtful user centered solutions to improve user experience for critical user pain points and opportunities to increase efficiency and usability for cloud-based software applications and websites
- Develop and deploy research plans, field guides, recruit participants, research moderation and report creation across the product lifecycle from early-stage design and product definition activities to post-release assessment
- Map out customer journey experience, user personas and use cases to transform insights into actionable deliverables
- Support and facilitate workshops to brainstorm and find creative solutions to improve user experience
- Partner with the UX designer, product manager, product owner, and SME in UX ideation and innovation, ensuring work aligns with the company’s mission and strategic initiatives.
- 5+ years of experience in UX research related to cloud software and or web
- User research experience in qualitative, quantitative and mix methods
- Proven success in delivering A+ customer experience and engagement programs, ideally in technology, pharma, biotechnology and/or B2B-related industries
- Experience with facilitating remote and onsite workshops
- Experience in conducting usability testing, concept testing, surveys, field research, user research, UX audits, and competitive analysis
- Experience in mapping customer journeys and user personas
- Ability to manage your projects in planning and meeting deadlines
- Experience working with agile software delivery framework
- Strong collaborative, analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- UX design experience a plus
- BA/BS or higher in Human-Centered Design, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, or related field
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age Employer
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.