Located in Danville in the scenic East Bay Area, The Reutlinger Community provides comfortable accommodations and personalized care for up to 180 seniors. Newly renovated to better serve residents, The Reutlinger Community currently offers room and board in specialized Assisted Living, Enhanced Care, Memory Care and Rehabilitation.
The Reutlinger Community is staffed by seasoned specialists with decades of experience in senior care and skilled nursing. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, as well as the opportunity to make a positive contribution in the lives of our residents and our community.
The Unit Manager provides support to the Director of Nursing, including: performing the basic tasks of assessment (RAI), planning, intervention, supervision and evaluation of patient care to assure compliance within acceptable standards of care for assigned unit. This position works with nursing and other facility staff to ensure quality care for all residents. Collaborates and supports (with Case Manager) the admissions and the movement of residents within the facility based on required level of care. Coordinates and processes admissions and discharges, and maintains communications with physicians and family members. This position may serve as Director of Nursing in the absence of the DON.
Position Responsibilities include:
- The Unit Manager acts as the gate-keeper for the operation of the nursing unit.
- Is accountable for the timeliness of the RAI process.
- Evaluates admissions, in coordination with the Director of Nursing, Case Manager and Admissions Coordinator, to assure proper utilization and appropriate placement.
- Coordinates and processes admissions and discharges, and maintains communications with physicians and family members
- Ensures implementation of Reutlinger and facility policies and procedures through appropriate instruction to line staff.
- Assumes ultimate accountability for coordination of nursing services in the assigned unit.
- Provides daily supervision of patient care to include first level monitoring responsibility for significant changes in patient clinical condition, which includes the review of daily reports, incidents, etc. Assists in addressing family and staff concerns as it relates to quality of care, levels of care, bed utilization and discharge planning.
- Provides crisis intervention backup for unit charge nurses in dealing with patient complaints or family concerns.
- Conducts daily rounds of all patients and is apprised of any changing conditions.
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing and has a valid California RN license; current CPR certification.
Training and Experience:
Requires a minimum of two years experience in nursing supervisory experience in acute, geriatric, rehabilitation or psychiatric nursing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Requires current knowledge of federal, state and local regulations related to all levels of skilled nursing healthcare and requires keeping abreast of current trends and new developments in nursing and healthcare administration. It also requires effective the following skills and abilities: verbal and literary communication skills to interact with all levels of personnel and outside contacts, effective managerial and inter-personal skills, the ability to plan, organize and implement work and be flexible enough to shift priorities quickly and work under pressure with constantly changing demands, and must be amenable to weekend call duties and emergency standby as conditions warrant.
The final candidate must successfully pass The Reutlinger Community's post offer, pre-employment testing which includes a criminal background check, drug test, TB screen test, COVID-19 test and health screen with or without back evaluation depending on position.
The Reutlinger Community is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $105,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance