Bio-Rad is looking for an enthusiastic Electro/Mechanical Technician to support its global organization. You will be part of the innovative Mechanical Engineering Team developing complex solutions for the Next Generation ddPCR instrument systems. We need a proven techical troubleshooter who gets excited about pushing the boundaries of medical diagnostics, is highly analytical, and sees the big picture needed to evolve a concept into an instrument.
You will report directly to the Head of Mechanical Engineering and be part of a larger multi-disciplinary R&D team. Come join us and be a key player in our next innovative instrument. You will work with engineers, chemists, and molecular biologists to develop integrated chemical and fluidic systems (including droplet-based digital PCR). This work will span from the research stage through product launch. At our Pleasanton R&D center, you can have big company impact while working at a small, nimble and dynamic site.
- Support engineering development activities including but not limited to design, fabrication, assembly, modification, and test of complex electro-mechanical medical instruments, assemblies, and components
- Build and test R&D prototypes during the engineering development lifecycle
- Support transfer of development instruments to manufacturing
- Support test and fixture development for laboratory use
- Support Reliability, Verification and Validation Testing
- Provide routine calibration and maintenance of Laboratory Instruments
- Associate's degree in an engineering discipline (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform mechanical, electrical, and/or system level troubleshooting, leading to the identification of root cause and corrective action of instrument failures
- Demonstrated proficiency with hand tools, precision measurment equipment, soldering, crimping, electrical test equipment, and/or machine tools
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- Knowledge of CAD package(s) is preferred
- Experience working in a regulated environment is preferred
- Multi-tasking skills and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.