In this position, you'll provide supervisory-level leadership/oversight of our Software Support Team, based out of our Irvine, California campus, who provides front-line and escalated software technical support to our medical laboratory customers, by telephone and email, for Bio-Rad's Unity software and related connectivity quality control data management products/services.
The Unity and connectivity software products, along with Bio-Rad's QC products, are used by our laboratory customers worldwide to manage their QC data and participate in the Unity Inter-laboratory Program, which helps our customers instill confidence in their patient results reported to physicians.
- Mentors, coaches and supervises a team of professional technical specialists who provide Unity software data management systems “hotline” support to Bio-Rad customers, company field personnel and selling/support regions worldwide.
- Monitors, assesses and provides feedback to staff on technical accuracy, and overall quality of customer support calls and emails. Responsible for telephone response service level KPI's, customer satisfaction metrics, and review & followup of customer surveys.
- Ensures timely response to customer complaints and requests, monitors complaint database queue, and ensures complaints are processed in accordance with Bio-Rad standards and procedures.
- Works with Software Product Development, Marketing Informatics, IT, Sales, other Technical Support Dept's, QA and Regulatory Affairs to identify product problems, follow through on resolution, assure departmental compliance with regulatory requirements, etc.
- Assists with difficult customer problems and participates in important complaint resolution work with customers. Conducts technical software support conference calls with local selling units and international selling region support teams.
- Recruits, trains, and develops personnel. Ensures direct report staff are adequately trained; procedures are written, followed and content is current.
- Performs backup duties to Technical Support Representatives as needed (answering calls, responding to emails, documenting complaints & requests, follow-up with customers and sales representatives, etc.).
- Requires a bachelors degree in a life science or related medical/technical discipline (biology, chemistry, clinical laboratory science, biotech, engineering, computer science related fields, etc.) or other technical related discipline.
- Coursework/certification/degree in leadership/management preferred.
- Coursework in quality control data analysis and/or statistics is helpful.
- Certification/coursework in laboratory information systems helpful.
- Solid technical skills/knowledge of PC-based computer systems, databases, networks, cloud environments, communication protocols, software applications and various hardware interface technologies highly desired. Ability to apply and clearly communicate scientific/technical computer knowledge to troubleshoot biotech hardware and software product issues highly desired.
- Knowledge/use of Bio-Rad's Unity software and connectivity data management solutions is highly desired.
- Knowledge of Bio-Rad's Unity Interlaboratory Program and QC products helpful.
- Knowledge of medical laboratory test system elements (analytes, methods/principles, instrument platforms/systems, reagents, units), and basic QC statistical computations and tools used in the clinical laboratory desired.
- Knowledge of/familiarity with medical laboratory information systems helpful.
- Requires professional communication skills; clear, competent writing, verbal/telephone and presentation skills. The ability to hear, understand and speak clearly in English, and the ability to work effectively with customers and colleagues in a call center environment are required.
- Working knowledge of MS 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, etc.) and Salesforce/ServiceMax/ServiceCloud CRM knowledge is highly desired.
- 5+ years of related technical support/service experience working with customers and product problems in a biotech field.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a supervisory/leadership role is required; technical support leadership is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a clinical laboratory, the clinical diagnostics industry and/or related computer industry is highly desired.
- Experience with Salesforce/ServiceMax/ServiceCloud CRM highly desired.
- Experience in quality control; analyzing/interpreting QC data using basic statistical computations and use of QC data managmenet tools applicable to clinical laboratory QC data management strongly preferred.
- Experience in a life science or related clinical/medical/technical field preferred.
- Experience with Bio-Rad's Unity software and connectivity QC data management solutions, and the Unity Interlaboratory Program is highly desired.
Ability and consent to upload proof of completed Covid-19 vaccination into our secure database within 3 days of start date.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.