Bio-Rad is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide technical support to customers, Sales Representatives, and field personnel regarding company products. This Position is open to Remote locations.
This position will also:
- Analyze problems with an emphasis on hardware to identify problem areas and recommend corrective action.
- Document problems and resolution in customer relationship management (CRM) software application.
- Provide after-hours support to customers as part of a scheduled rotation.
NOTE: Fully Remote Role.
- Provide assistance to Bio-Rad customers with regard to the correct use of Bio-Rad products.
- Communicate all aspects of system operation, assay performance, troubleshooting, and maintenance to customers.
- Document all customer (internal and external) interactions via CRM software application.
- Document all issues with products and forward the information or findings to appropriate manufacturing group.
- Possess advanced technical knowledge for assigned products and/or product lines.
- Possess strong analytical problem solving skills and ability to conceptualize customer problem and suggest appropriate resolution.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- Possess strong customer service skills and the ability to resolve conflicts.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or equivalent in education and experience.
- 5-7 years of Bio-Rad product experience and/or significant transferable electro-mechanical/electronics experience with direct industry related field service experience.
- Requires basic knowledge of PC-based computer use and Microsoft Office or similar software programs.
- 1-2 years working experience in a laboratory setting (clinical laboratory, research labs, clinical diagnostics or manufacturing industry). Experience in a Call Center (Customer Service or Technical Services) is a plus.
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem solving skills, as well as, extensive product knowledge and ability to learn/become proficient quickly on new products/equipment.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad recently announced a new mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Bio-Rad will make reasonable accommodations for valid exemptions based on disability, medical, or religious reasons. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-DR1