Bio-Rad is looking for a Technical Specialist - Instruments. Be part of a global team that supports highly innovative instruments that are setting new standards in immunohematology testing.
- Provides remote 3rd level technical support to our field service engineers for the fully and semi automated IHD systems in labs and hospitals
- Resolves customer concerns and inquiries and escalate them to the appropriate services within the organization, if necessary.
- Designs, organizes, and conducts internal and external technical instrument training courses.
- Performs "Train the Trainer" hardware and software courses as required for Field Service Engineers.
- Verifies technical information, e.g. Newsletters, before it is officially communicated/publicized.
- Technical education with specialization in mechanics, electronics, automation and/or computer science.
- Very good oral and written English language skills. Any other language(s), in particular Spanish, is a plus.
- Good computer skills (Hardware & Software, Databases, MS-Office).
- Independent, team-oriented, and motivated work ethic and enjoy shifting challenges.
- Possess a high sense of responsibility and have a “problem-solving” attitude.
- Willing to travel internationally and are open to spend several weeks in Europe for the on the job training/ introduction phase during the introduction and learning phase. Then up to 20% travel locally to support onsite technical expertise as needed.
- Experience in conducting training courses.
- Field experience with laboratory systems.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad recently announced a new mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Bio-Rad will make reasonable accommodations for valid exemptions based on disability, medical, or religious reasons. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.