North Wind Services, is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy. NWS has an established history of contributing to the success of their customers mission. Available employment opportunities may range from administrative and logistical support to advanced technical positions.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
Successful candidates will be employees of NWS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly-motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance the missions of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, CA. Though employed by NWS, the employee will take day-to-day direction from technical personnel employed directly by the research laboratories. Pay, benefits, Human Resource, and Employment Management functions are provided by NWS.
The Infrastructure Engineering and Operations Department within the Infrastructure & Operations (I&O) Directorate has an opening for a Technical Field Documentation Coordinator. The successful candidate will provide advanced technical coordination, documentation, and identification of facility electrical and mechanical equipment for the purpose of configuration management and preventive maintenance.
The successful candidate will be required to pass various on-site training modules to pursue work assignments.
- Provide general coordination and documentation of real property and installed equipment inside and outside facilities at Site 200 and Site 300.
- Identify and obtain equipment nameplate and other technical data and coordinate the input of data into various database and AutoCAD drawings; provide input and recommendations to engineering design drawings.
- Provide supervisor and customer/requestor with status updates on documentation jobs.
- Provide input to established procedures, standards and guidelines; solve complex technical problems pertaining to facility related systems.
- Coordinate the implementation of documentation support by contacting key personnel; anticipate and reconcile support problems, including technical factors affecting critical milestones.
- Interact regularly with co-workers, scientists, engineers, construction and project management, and skilled technical personnel with follow-up to supervisor.
- Ensure compliance with ES&H and Security requirements and LLNL policies and procedures; resolve and report hazards or potential hazards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide advanced coordination and documentation of real property and installed equipment inside and outside facilities at Site 200 and Site 300.
-Provide guidance on real property documentation standards to construction project teams
-Serve as a mentor for more junior personnel on interpretation of electrical documentation.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Associate degree in an electrical or mechanical technology or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical and/or mechanical structures and systems and how they work together as well as understanding of the standards, procedures and techniques related to equipment systems and documentation.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering blueprint drawings.
- Ability to identify problems and provide solutions to complex technical documentation of building systems.
- Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions and conflicting/changing priorities, as well as plan and organize work while maintaining schedules and timeliness.
- Possess effective written, verbal, feedback, and presentation skills necessary to interact tactfully and effectively with a diverse group of personalities and disciplines.
- Experience with personal computers and associated software such as AutoCAD, Microsoft Access, Word, and Excel.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Experience in a construction and/or maintenance environment.
- Knowledge of DOE O430.1C, Real Property Asset Management
- High-level understanding of electrical/mechanical structures and systems.
- Experience interpreting and apply technical and ES&H requirements and standards.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-employment drug test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: Q (position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing.
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave, and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline 1-208-528-8714 for assistance.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.