We are seeking a motivated candidate who has a strong interest in the design, manufacturing, and sustaining of complex systems in the field of life science. Are you passionate about being part of a team that develops products to help make a difference in the world? Bio-Rad is looking for a Tech Associate who gets excited about product development, prototype testing, data analysis, and systems integration. At our Boulder, Colorado R&D center, you can have big company impact while working hands-on at a small, nimble, dynamic, and fun site!
Under direction of a Senior Systems Engineer:
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to develop solutions which enable next generation life science instruments.
- Design components, create assemblies and fixtures, procure parts, and author assembly, test protocols, and operating instructions.
- Assemble and test engineering prototypes alongside a diverse R&D team to validate research and correlate mechanical models, verifying product requirements are satisfied.
- Perform root-cause investigations on systems and components to correct problems and improve product quality and reliability.
- Generate and release engineering documentation (part and assembly drawings, installation instructions, test reports, etc.) to support development and manufacturing operations.
- Ensure high work quality, timely deliverables, and provide feedback to managers on process improvements.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student pursuing a degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Engineering, or Biomedical Engineering or recent graduate.
- Must have a 3.0 cumulative overall GPA or better (on a 4.0 scale).
- Demonstrated application of mechanical principals and theories to develop reliable, high-quality systems - machine shop and/or electromechanical assembly experience a plus.
- Basic understanding of fluid mechanics (microfluidics a plus).
- CAD experience, SolidWorks experience is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and communication skills are required.
- Able to work for a minimum of 10 consecutive weeks.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently and in teams.
- Inspire collaboration, be a curious question asker, driven and self-motivated.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.