CAPE Inc, Community Association for Preschool Education – Livermore, CA
CAPE, Inc. has a wonderful opportunity for Teacher Assistants/Associate Teachers, Full Time (FT), 12months
· Position is Non-Exempt, Full Time (40 hours/week)
· Pay Rate: Up to $16/hour; Commensurate with experience, skills, knowledge, ability and education
· Eligible for group benefits plans including medical, dental, vision, life and retirement; paid Holidays, vacation and sick days; educational assistance
· Reports to Center Director
CAPE, Inc. headquarters is in Livermore, and provides early childhood education services (Head Start and Early Head Start preschool programs) in Livermore, Dublin, Pleasanton, and Hayward areas. CAPE offers a cohesive environment for passionate people who want to make a significant contribution to early childhood education, social/emotional development and early childhood mental health.
Position Overview: Teacher Assistant will work with children individually, and in small and large groups as part of the cooperative classroom team, assisting them in building confidence and increasing self-esteem. This is a training position that will be under direct supervision of qualified staff.
· Assist Teacher and Associate Teacher as needed
· Assist in carrying out the goals, policies, procedures and activities designed to implement CAPE, Inc. educational objectives, Head Start Performance Standards and CDE Regulations
· Assist with implementing a developmentally appropriate, emergent, anti-bias curriculum, obtaining input from parents and other staff which includes aspects of all relevant Head Start State Preschool components
· Assist with ensuring and maintaining a clean and safe learning environment for children daily.
· Assist in compiling and maintaining a portfolio to demonstrate growth and development of skills for each child
· Observance and application of safety practices always including supervision and maintaining proper ratios
· Maintain effective and professional relationships with enrolled families
· Develop and maintain well-defined lines of communication and professional boundaries.
· Collaborate and establish effective working relationships with teaching staff and agency management.
· Assist with ensuring that snacks and meals are served “family style” with an adult seated at the table with children. Ensure that menu production records are accurate.
· Assists with proper storage of food on daily and weekly basis
· Meet food handling and safety requirements
· Assist with ensuring that children with exceptional needs are fully included in all program activities
· Adhere to child abuse reporting requirements
· Assist with maintaining a system of confidentiality of records and information on Head Start children and families.
· Diapering and toileting children
· Assist with effective classroom management
· Assist with ensuring that daily routines and functions of the classroom are working and being implemented.
· Perform all other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
· Four core classes and Associate permit (CA)
· HS diploma or GED
· Possession of a valid California driver’s license, reliable transportation and valid vehicle insurance
· Must continue coursework in Early Childhood Education or towards AA degree
· Bi-lingual skills; Spanish/English, Farsi/English, preferred
· Ability to work within the philosophy of the CAPE program
· Effective communication skills – both oral and written
· Analytical and organizational skills
· Teamwork/Effective interpersonal relationship with co-workers
· Comprehension of job-related responsibilities
· Detail-oriented and customer service oriented
CAPE, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and provides the opportunity to qualified persons to seek, obtain, and hold employment with the Agency without discrimination on account of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, gender, medical condition, age, marital status, veterans’ or military status, non-job physical or mental handicap or disability status, genetic information, except if there exists a lawful bona fide occupational qualification or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. www.capeheadstart.org