Summer Camp Leader/After school Teacher for Russian Speaking Children 4-10 yo
Magical Kids Daycare
684 Alameda Dr
Livermore, CA 94551
We are looking for an energetic, positive, and creative Russian-speaking person who loves working with children. Ideally a candidate with a degree in child development and/or elementary education, interested in working with children ages 4 through 10. This is paid part-time position with possibility for full-time employment in our after school program in fall.
Work Schedule: 11:30 am - 6:30 pm Monday - Thursday.
Greet and dismiss childrenAccompany children on walks, exploring nature and engaging kids in physical exercisePrepare and lead home-based nature, science, art and crafts activities Read books aloud in RussianPractice math and reading skills through games and creative playSupervise free playtimeServe lunch, snack and dinnerYou will work alongside an experienced childcare provider, who will assist with planning activities, walks, and meal prep. If you do not already have necessary certificates, we can help obtain required training. Must be able to pass background check and show evidence of negative TB-test.
• Enjoys working with elementary age children
• Energetic, positive, and loves to engage in creative play
• Comfortable teaching and leading group activities
• Good command of Russian language, ideally both speaking and reading
Nice to have:
• Prior experience working with children
• Degree or pursuing a degree in Child development, Child psychology or Teaching
• EMSA Pediatric CPR, AED, and First Aid and Health and Safety Training Certificates (or willingness to take course and obtain certificates)
• CA Mandatory Reporter Certificate (or willingness to complete training)
• Knowledge and ability to teach about nutrition and healthy eating habits
• Can teach Russian language following a prepared curriculum program (worksheets, lesson plans, materials are provided).
684 Alameda Dr