At the Clinical Diagnostics Group (a division of Bio-Rad), we are undergoing a rapid evolution, which includes building an R&D team focused on molecular diagnostics, leveraging droplet digital PCR (ddPCR), which uses microfluidic chips to generate nanoliter-sized droplets as reaction vessels to power this extremely precise digital nucleic acid measurement method. Bio-Rad has established the market lead in digital PCR and now we’re expanding into molecular diagnostics for our clinical laboratory customers. We believe our partition technology (creating hundreds of thousands of droplets) will open new avenues in the clinical diagnostics markets. To support this evolution, we are looking for a talented Staff Scientist to be a member of the Molecular Diagnostics Assay Development team for the Clinical Diagnostics Group’s efforts to expand into Reproductive Health, Infectious Diseases and Human Genetics.
What We Are Looking For:
An exceptional candidate passionate about improving healthcare, with a significant track record of developing novel assays and who is highly motivated in applying ddPCR technology to clinical problems. The successful candidate will thrive in a matrixed environment and will demonstrate technical acumen coupled with people management experience.
- Lead and conduct assay design and development activities for Molecular Diagnostics dPCR products.
- Troubleshoot and apply innovative thinking to solve technical challenges.
- Lead Verification/Validations testing and report findings.
- Train and support transfer/operations teams in preparation for product launches.
- Work in close collaboration with MolDx bioinformatics and application teams.
- Interact and align with various functional roles (including Marketing, Project Managers, Software Engineers, QA, and Manufacturing).
- Manage a small team of scientists.
- Mentor and lead scientists to drive projects to completion.
- Contribute to the definition of the Assay Development strategy and project timelines.
- Communicate results and achievements to technical and non-technical audience (i.e. design reviews, poster presentation, external conferences).
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics or Biochemistry with 6+ years of industrial experience (or MS with 10+ years of experience) highlighted with successful NPIs.
- Minimum of 2 years of people-management responsibility leading 2+ direct reports.
- Direct experience with nucleic acid technology relating to PCR, qPCR, and/or digital PCR, with special emphasis developing highly multiplexed PCR assays.
- Highly knowledgeable in nucleic acid sample preparation and characterization is essential.
- Prior experience working with cell-free DNA and/or creating nucleic acid calibrators and controls is a plus.
- Adept with designing and executing DOEs and use of statistical analysis programs such as JMP, Minitab or R.
- Skilled at writing clear plans, reports and SOPs.
- Track record of design, execution and analysis of experiments on aggressive schedules in a rapidly changing environment.
- Direct experience and full knowledge of Product Life Cycles exemplified by product launch while working under ISO 13485 quality standard.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, logical and analytical thinking, ability to multitask, work independently and on a team, and the ability to learn, troubleshoot, and problem solve are essential.
- Displays natural integrity, humility and authenticity.
- Is committed to Diversity and Inclusion.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.