Bio-Rad Clinical Diagnostics Group (CDG) is one of the leading global providers of tests for infectious and autoimmune disease screening, diabetes screening and monitoring, blood grouping as well as a range of reagents and software for laboratory quality control. CDG provides over 3,000 reagents, devices, and instruments for about 300 diagnostic tests to a global customer base. At Bio-Rad CDG we are building a world class global R&D capability to support our ambitious clinical diagnostics strategy and drive long term growth for the company. An important part of this transformation is the creation of a Global Systems Engineering Organization to support our existing core diagnostics platforms and to execute an exciting new product roadmap. Within this organization we have an immediate need for a Staff Reliability Engineer to focus on planning and execution of an effective reliability program across Bio-Rad Clinical Diagnostics platforms.
- Define the overall Reliability Planning and Test strategy for systems, instrument subsystems, and components.
- Define appropriate reliability requirements for New Product Development and Sustaining projects.
- Generate and maintain reliability and life cycle models to support system design and test.
- Integrate reliability practices into our existing design control processes.
- Develop and execute appropriate engineering tests, DoE, Accelerated life tests, Reliability Demonstration Tests etc. for complex electro-mechanical fluidic IVD equipment/systems with the assistance of other test engineers, and technicians.
- Evaluate test results, write test reports, investigate failures, analyze performance problems, define root causes, recommend corrective actions, monitor field quality data and associated metrics such as failure rates and MTBF.
- Conduct failure modes and effect analysis (FMEA) of system level and sub-system level designs.
- Utilize predictive analytical methods including modeling, historical learning, industry data as well as engineering test data analysis to predict reliability, influence design decisions and define key parameters that should be monitored in the field.
- Work closely with Systems Engineers, Instrument Engineers, Assay Developers and Software Developers in all aspects of product development.
- Communicate results effectively, guiding the team through data and observations on critical design decisions.
- BS or higher in engineering or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience in reliability data analysis such as Weibull or exponential life cycle modeling, statistical tools and processes, root cause analysis, Reliability Demonstration Testing, Life Testing
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-AK1 #LI-Hybrid