We have an immediate need for a Staff Reliability Engineer. You will focus on planning and execution of an effective reliability program across Bio-Rad Clinical Diagnostics platforms. You will work closely with Systems Engineers, Instrument Engineers, Assay Developers and Software Developers in all aspects of product development.
Bio-Rad Clinical Diagnostics Group (CDG) is one of the leading global providers of tests for infectious and autoimmune disease screening, diabetes screening and monitoring, blood grouping as well as a range of reagents and software for laboratory quality control. CDG provides over 3,000 reagents, devices, and instruments for about 300 diagnostic tests to a global customer base. At Bio-Rad CDG we are building a world class global R&D capability to support our ambitious clinical diagnostics strategy and drive long term growth for the company. An important part of this transformation is the creation of a Global Systems Engineering Organization to support our existing core diagnostics platforms and to execute an exciting new product roadmap.
How You'll Make An Impact:
- Define the overall Reliability Planning and Test strategy for systems, instrument subsystems, and components.
- Define appropriate reliability requirements for New Product Development and Sustaining projects.
- Generate and maintain reliability and life cycle models to support system design and test.
- Integrate reliability practices into our existing design control processes.
- Develop and execute appropriate engineering tests, DoE, Accelerated life tests, Reliability Demonstration Tests etc. for complex electro-mechanical fluidic IVD equipment/systems with the assistance of other test engineers, and technicians.
- Evaluate test results, write test reports, investigate failures, analyze performance problems, define root causes, recommend corrective actions, monitor field quality data and associated metrics such as failure rates and MTBF.
- Conduct failure modes and effect analysis (FMEA) of system level and sub-system level designs.
- Utilize predictive analytical methods including modeling, historical learning, industry data as well as engineering test data analysis to predict reliability, influence design decisions and define key parameters that should be monitored in the field.
- Work closely with Systems Engineers, Instrument Engineers, Assay Developers and Software Developers in all aspects of product development.
- Communicate results effectively, guiding the team through data and observations on critical design decisions.
What You Bring:
- Education: BS or higher in engineering or equivalent.
- Work Experience: 8+ years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in reliability data analysis such as Weibull or exponential life cycle modeling, statistical tools and processes, root cause analysis, Reliability Demonstration Testing, Life Testing.
Total Rewards Package: At Bio-Rad, we’re empowered by our purpose and recognize that our employees are as well. That’s why we offer a competitive and comprehensive Total Rewards Program that provides value, quality, and inclusivity while satisfying the diverse needs of our evolving workforce. Bio-Rad's robust offerings serve to enrich the overall health, wealth, and wellbeing of our employees and their families through the various stages of an employee’s work and life cycle.
Benefits: We’re proud to offer a variety of options, including competitive medical plans for you and your family, free HSA funds, a new fertility offering with stipend, group life and disability, paid parental leave, 401k plus profit sharing, an employee stock purchase program, a new upgraded and streamlined mental health platform, extensive learning and development opportunities, education benefits, student debt relief program, pet insurance, wellness challenges and support, paid time off, Employee Resource Groups (ERG’s), and more!
Compensation: The estimated base salary range for this position is $127,000 to $174,700 at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be provided in writing at the time of offer, if applicable, and is based on several factors we believe fairly and accurately impact compensation, including geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other job permitted factors. This position is eligible for a variable annual bonus, which is dependent upon achievement of your individual objectives and Company performance.
Who We Are: For 70 years, Bio-Rad has focused on advancing the discovery process and transforming the fields of science and healthcare. As one of the top five life science companies, we are a global leader in developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad range of high-quality research and clinical diagnostic products. We help people everywhere live longer, healthier lives. Recently voted a Best Place to Work, Bio-Rad offers a unique employee experience with collaborative teams that span the globe. Here, you are supported by leadership to build your career and are empowered to drive change that makes an impact you can see.
EEO Statement: Bio-Rad is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and we welcome candidates of all backgrounds. Veterans, people with physical or mental disabilities, and people of all race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin and citizenship status are encouraged to apply.
Agency Non-Solicitation: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-AK1 #LI-Hybrid