Bio-Rad’s Digital Biology Group is a multidisciplinary team developing products using our Droplet Digital technology that are having a large impact in both research and healthcare. Every day, scientists and clinicians around the world use our ddPCRTM and ddSEQTM NGS sample prep systems to make new discoveries, and are revolutionizing clinical decisions with break-through liquid biopsy applications. We need an energetic and passionate Software Developer with a proven track record in design, implementation, deployment, and maintenance of modern, robust and secure web applications in the cloud for our droplet-based technologies.
- Be one of the founding members of our new cloud data platform.
- Work in a collaborative environment to apply well architected solutions within this space.
- Architect complex business logic and features to add to our web-based applications from concept to implementation.
- Work alongside Scientists, Marketing, and R&D Engineers through the Product Development life cycle and beyond.
- Develop / improve the core infrastructure for high scalability.
- Working with an awesome team of smart, hardworking professionals that work collaboratively to drive software.
- 8+ years’ experience as a Software Developer.
- Hands-on development experience with Python, Flask or Django in Linux environments.
- Have successfully built scalable Restful APIs according to best practices.
- Experienced writing queries using MySQL, PostGres databases.
- Experienced with React/JS using redux or hooks.
- Experienced writing efficient Sass/css.
- Quick learner with the ability to understand complex workflows and develop and validate innovative solutions to solve difficult problems.
- Experienced with test automation: TDD, unit/integration/functional testing.
- Experienced implementation efforts following an Agile software development lifecycle approach.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A team-oriented contributor that aims to enhance the effectiveness of their colleagues.
- Basic concepts of using AWS Cloud Services including S3, ECR, Lambda, RDS and CloudFront.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad recently announced a new mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Bio-Rad will make reasonable accommodations for valid exemptions based on disability, medical, or religious reasons. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Benfits & Pay:
One of Bio-Rad’s strengths is the diversity of its people. That’s why we are proud to offer a benefits program that allows you to select from a variety of options to best meet the needs of you and your family. Bio-Rad Employee Benefits include FREE health insurance option for employees and their dependents, short and long term disability, 401k profit sharing, employee stock purchase program, $5k annual education benefits, student debt relief program, and more!
- Approximate base pay range of $104,500 - $169,600
- 10% annual bonus
- This position is remote/hybrid eligible