A snapshot of an internal pentester's day would involve assessing the security of a company's networks, systems, and applications. This would include tasks such as conducting vulnerability scans, penetration testing, and reviewing system and application logs. The pentester would also use tools such as Nmap, Metasploit, and Nessus to identify security weaknesses and potential attack vectors. They would also likely be in communication with other members of the security team, discussing findings and developing plans for remediation. Additionally, they may also be responsible for creating detailed reports of their findings and recommendations for the company’s management team.
How You'll Make An Impact:
- Identify and report vulnerabilities that could potentially be exploited by malicious actors.
- Help the company to understand potential risks and develop effective mitigation strategies.
- Prevent data breaches and protect sensitive information by identifying and remediating security issues before they can be exploited.
- Improve compliance with industry regulations and standards.
- Raise awareness of security risks and best practices among employees and help to develop training programs and other educational resources.
What You Bring:
- Strong knowledge of network and web application security.
- Familiarity with penetration testing tools and methodologies.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Perl.
- Knowledge of security compliance requirements and industry standards.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong desire to learn and stay current with the latest security trends and technologies.
- Strong ethical standards and ability to work within the boundaries of legal and ethical guidelines.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience performing internal and external penetration testing.
- Experience creating detailed reports of findings and recommendations.
- Experience working with security and IT teams to remediate vulnerabilities.
Location: We're pleased to offer this in a Hybrid format located near a Bio-Rad work location or fully remotely depending on location.
This position is eligible for a $10,000 HIRING BONUS: Offered for a limited time only. Applicable to specific positions as labeled. Recipients must be employed at the time of payout. Payout after 90 days of employment with Bio-Rad. Offered to direct hires only. Agency hires and internal transfers are not eligible. 12 months repayment clause.
Total Rewards Package: At Bio-Rad, we’re empowered by our purpose and recognize that our employees are as well. That’s why we offer a competitive and comprehensive Total Rewards Program that provides value, quality, and inclusivity while satisfying the diverse needs of our evolving workforce. Bio-Rad's robust offerings serve to enrich the overall health, wealth, and wellbeing of our employees and their families through the various stages of an employee’s work and life cycle.
Benefits: We’re proud to offer a variety of options, including competitive medical plans for you and your family, free HSA funds, a new fertility offering with stipend, group life and disability, paid parental leave, 401k plus profit sharing, an employee stock purchase program, a new upgraded and streamlined mental health platform, extensive learning and development opportunities, education benefits, student debt relief program, pet insurance, wellness challenges and support, paid time off, Employee Resource Groups (ERG’s), and more!
Compensation: The estimated annual salary for this position is $118,800 to $204,800 at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be provided in writing at the time of offer, if applicable, and is based on several factors we believe fairly and accurately impact compensation, including geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other job permitted factors. This position is eligible for a variable annual bonus, which is dependent upon achievement of your individual objectives and Company performance.
Who We Are: For 70 years, Bio-Rad has focused on advancing the discovery process and transforming the fields of science and healthcare. As one of the top five life science companies, we are a global leader in developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad range of high-quality research and clinical diagnostic products. We help people everywhere live longer, healthier lives. Recently voted a Best Place to Work, Bio-Rad offers a unique employee experience with collaborative teams that span the globe. Here, you are supported by leadership to build your career and are empowered to drive change that makes an impact you can see.
EEO Statement:Bio-Rad is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and we welcome candidates of all backgrounds. Veterans, people with physical or mental disabilities, and people of all race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin and citizenship status are encouraged to apply.
Agency Non-Solicitation: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.