Sr. Principal PCB Design Engineer
7005 Southfront Rd
Livermore, CA 94551
- Perform PCB physical layout (parts placement, routing, trace length adjustment, verification etc.)
- Apply PCB electrical knowledge (high-speed design, RF, and power) to meet project requirements
- Design for manufacturability – work with PCB suppliers, apply best industry practices to reduce cost and maximize PCB yield
- Verify new internal design tools and feedback to development team
- Develop design processes to reduce design cycle-time and defects and improve product performance.
- Create design documents and training
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical engineering with minimum 4 years relevant experience
- Diploma holders with minimum 5 years relevant PCB design experience will be considered
- PCB Design Experience with significant portion involving analog and mixed-signal PCB design, and interfacing PCB Fab houses to improve manufacturability.
- Experience in designs utilizing blind, buried and micro vias would be advantageous.
- Working knowledge in logical net-listings, schematics usage, electrical and routing rules creation, signal and power integrity optimization
- Proficient in Cadence Allegro/ Valor and/or PAD Power PCB
- RF, back plane, electrical package design/routing experiences, related experience in a semiconductor testing environment, ATE industry are advantages
- Detailed and team oriented
- Good communication skills
- Ability to consistently meets committed project deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Willing to perform shift work when required