Sr. Principal Mechanical Engineer, MEMS Design
San Jose, CA
We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world’s leading supplier of probe cards used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive and other applications. We are a big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive the overall growth and development of the semiconductor industry.
We are a fast-paced, growing company where each employee contributes to our culture of integrity, innovation, and teamwork. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for MEMS probe design, simulation and test for next generation Foundry & Logic products.
- Define and drive probe reliability and performance validation.
- Work with development, reliability test, and integration teams for product integration and validation.
- Support probe/product customer qualification and field issue analysis.
- Responsible for the documentation of probe designs, modeling and validation.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- MS or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, MEMS or a related engineering field. Ph.D. preferred
- Proven experience in mechanical design, simulation, and test. MEMS design experience a plus.
- Hands-on experience with 3D modeling and FEA. SolidWorks and ANSYS experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of engineering materials and properties.
- Understanding of design-for-manufacturing principles, tolerancing and error budgets.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills. Proven problem solving skills through experimental design and data analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of employment.