Does designing new instrument platforms used in diagnostic, treatment, and research communities with excite you?
Bio-Rad is looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer who’s excited about product development, and sees the big picture to evolve a concept into a product. Are you passionate about being part of a dynamic team building products from inception to production?
You will be part of an R&D team that has top-notch talent in electrical, mechanical, optical and systems engineering. You will partner and work with brilliant chemists, and biologists to develop integrated systems that promote discoveries and advances in life science.
How will you make an impact? You will be supporting the electrical design, development, and documentation of life science product developments, including products for biomedical imaging, PCR, microscopy, chromatography, and cell sorting instrument platforms. Interface with cross-functional teams from concept through detailed design, manufacturing release, instrument verification, and product launch.
This position is eligible for a $10,000 HIRING BONUS:
- Bonus offered for a limited time only.
- Bonus applicable to specific positions as labeled.
- Bonus recipients must be employed at the time of payout.
- Bonus payout after 30 days of employment with Bio-Rad.
- Bonus offered to direct hires only. Agency hires and internal transfers are not eligible.
- 12 months repayment clause.
- Manage all aspects of PCB layout and design, work with hardware design engineers and PCB/Assembly vendors to determine PCB stack-up, apply design constraints, perform component placement, signal routing, and DFM.
- Create PCB footprint and 3D component models in PADS, and maintain ECAD library databases.
- Support layout of mixed signal, high-speed, and RF multi-layer HDI circuit boards.
- Prepare fabrication notes, assembly notes, and all deliverables, such as ODB ++, Gerber files, drill charts, PCB assembly BOMs, and other PCB and assembly related documents required by PCB fabrication vendors to build circuit boards for prototypes and products.
- Work with local and international PCB fabrication vendors and contract manufacturers for addressing DFM concerns and providing feedback.
- Interact with documentation control for ERP system releasing.
- Initiate an effort to standardize company PADS and OrCAD library, work in conjunction with other division to promote the library.
- Create and maintain component symbols for OrCAD schematic capture.
- B.S.E.E degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience using PADS layout tool for PCB design is required.
- Experience with OrCAD schematic capture tool is required.
- Knowledge of PCB Design, PCB stack-up and materials, understanding of PCB technology and process.
- PCB design experience in analog, high speed digital, mixed signal design, and RF. Experience with all phases of design including thermal mitigation, impedance control, EMC, grounding, and PCB reliability.
- Experience and knowledge of IPC standards and practices.
- Proven track record of multi-tasking to manage all aspects of PCB design used in various products.
- Experience with HDI, flex, and Rigid-Flex board design and manufacturing.
- Experience with signal integrity simulations.
- Experience designing rule creation from schematic through to layout.
- Knowledge of version control systems and ECAD processes.
- Ability to coordinate PCB/flex activities during the development cycle.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.