SENIOR ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world’s leading supplier of probe cards used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive and other applications. We are a big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive the overall growth and development of the semiconductor industry.
We are a fast-paced, growing company where each employee contributes to our culture of integrity, innovation, and teamwork. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for overall design activity of advance wafer probe card based on customer specification, internal manufacturing design rules, and DFT rules by using internally developed and commercially available CAD tools.
- Responsible for designing, scheduling design activities, monitoring progress and ensuring on time design completion while engineering high quality and on budget designs.
- Prepare probe card netlists for probe card designs such as probe head, and PCB design data including some signal integrity, parts placement, routing, TLA, verification etc.
- Work with customers, sales, marketing groups and internal manufacturing teams to provide timely feasibility analysis responses to customer requests.
- Work with internationally located teams across the globe for designs, feasibility analysis, and training.
- Utilize a logical design approach to prevent design defects.
- Understand product specifications, circuits, manufacturing design rules, applications to design the custom probe cards
- Attain monthly and yearly design goals established by management based on corporate goals.
- Work with customers to define probe card requirements and propose electrical circuit to meet customer test requirements.
- Work with manufacturing engineering to understand capabilities.
- Define, improve and document design processes.
- Provide feedback and verify new internal design tools to CAD tools development team.
- Generate and check netlists based design file for these circuits.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- BSEE degree w/2 years of experience or MSEE degree
- Self-motivated, takes initiative and takes on responsibility.
- Possesses effective project management planning and facilitation skills.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Very detail oriented.
- Understanding of design for signal integrity, routing rules, and sound engineering judgment.
- Proficient user of MS Office especially MS Excel.
- Basic knowledge of Cadence Allegro (or any PCB design tools) and AutoCAD is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge or experience in semiconductor manufacturing and/or wafer probing a plus.
- Analog circuit design knowledge is a strong plus
- C/C++ programming skill is a strong plus
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting.