As a Software Product Manager III for industry leading QC data management product lines, you will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive global marketing strategy, which includes identifying the customer need and the larger business objectives that a product or feature will fulfill, articulating what success looks like for a product, and rallying a cross-functional team to turn that vision into a reality. You will create, evolve, and help execute the product vision and strategy with product roadmaps that address customer and business problems that are aligned with the company's mission and strategic initiatives.
How You'll Make An Impact:
- Research and analyze diagnostic lab informatics and analytics market trends and technologies, customers’ digital ecosystems, environments, and workflows and relevant user segments and applications.
- Define the product vision, roadmap, and strategy based on market insights, business goals, and customer feedback.
- Identify new product opportunities, develop business cases and financial models, initial and revenue forecasting of the product segment and assess the pros and cons of various business and commercial models.
- Analyze product performance metrics, customer feedback, and industry trends to identify product improvement opportunities.
- Analyze new product opportunities to make recommendations for ‘go’ or ‘no-go’ conclusions efficiently.
- Assess and implement product lifecycle management strategies including product discontinuation/ sunsetting.
- Align stakeholders around the vision for the product and prioritize product features and capabilities.
- Understand the competitive landscape, initiate voice of customer (VOC) research and translate VOC into customer requirements and product scope as well as product roadmap and growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with downstream marketing for effective go-to-market campaigns, including defining value proposition, competitve positioning and messaging, promotion, and training materials for sales enablement.
- Work with regions to identify and validate global opportunities.
- Create agile epics grounded in the ‘jobs-to-be-done’ framework to guide the development process.
- Ensure alignment between customer needs, regulatory requirements, and technical feasibility.
Improve the quality of patient results generated I nthe lab by helping to create new and enhance existing products in the clinical laboratory data management.
- Keep Bio-Rad on the cutting edge of QC data management by gathering voice of the customers, specifying product requirements, and partnering with the global commercial organization.
Show customers how the portfolio of Informatics products both in and beyond QC data lab analytics solve problems in the lab and enable efficiencies in lab processes.
- Influence decision-making and action across functions without formal authority.
- Drive results and be a self-starter in an ambiguous environment.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field - Business or STEM discipline (required), Master's Degree (desirable): Business (MBA) or STEM (Computer science, Engineering, Life Sciences, etc.).
- 5+ years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience in software, medical device, diagnostic /or pharmaceutical industry as well as software product management experience (required).
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development methodologies, UI/UX design principles, and agile project management.
- Demonstrated ability to define the product vision, roadmap, and strategy based on market insights, business goals, and customer feedback and analyze product performance metrics, customer feedback, and industry trends to identify products improvement opportunities.
- Clear ability to identify new product opportunities, develop business cases and financial models, revenue forecasting of the product segment and assess the pros and cons of various business and commercial models.
- Experience should include market landscaping and competitive intelligence, voice of customer research and translating VOC to customer requirements and product scope as well as product roadmap (required).
- Experience working in a diagnostic lab environment (desired).
- Experience working in agile product development (desired).
- Knowledge of QC in the clinical laboratory environment and competitive solutions (desired).
- Experience in regulated healthcare environments – medical devices or diagnostics systems and familiarity with medical devices, diagnostic lab data, LIS, EMR, and healthcare applications ecosystems (desired).
Total Rewards Package: At Bio-Rad, we’re empowered by our purpose and recognize that our employees are as well. That’s why we offer a competitive and comprehensive Total Rewards Program that provides value, quality, and inclusivity while satisfying the diverse needs of our evolving workforce. Bio-Rad's robust offerings serve to enrich the overall health, wealth, and wellbeing of our employees and their families through the various stages of an employee’s work and life cycle.
Benefits: We’re proud to offer a variety of options, including competitive medical plans for you and your family, free HSA funds, a new fertility offering with stipend, group life and disability, paid parental leave, 401k plus profit sharing, an employee stock purchase program, a new upgraded and streamlined mental health platform, extensive learning and development opportunities, education benefits, student debt relief program, pet insurance, wellness challenges and support, paid time off, Employee Resource Groups (ERG’s), and more!
Compensation: The estimated base salary range for this postion is $127,000 to $ 174,700 at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be provided in writing at the time of offer, if applicable, and is based on several factors we believe fairly and accurately impact compensation, including geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other job permitted factors. This position is eligible for a variable annual bonus, which is dependent upon achievement of your individual objectives and Company performance.
Who We Are: For 70 years, Bio-Rad has focused on advancing the discovery process and transforming the fields of science and healthcare. As one of the top five life science companies, we are a global leader in developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad range of high-quality research and clinical diagnostic products. We help people everywhere live longer, healthier lives. Recently voted a Best Place to Work, Bio-Rad offers a unique employee experience with collaborative teams that span the globe. Here, you are supported by leadership to build your career and are empowered to drive change that makes an impact you can see.
EEO Statement: Bio-Rad is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and we welcome candidates of all backgrounds. Veterans, people with disabilities, and people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, and orientations are encouraged to apply.
Agency Non-Solicitation: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-AK1