The Quality Systems Division for Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics controls to ensure laboratory measurements are within standards. As part of this ecosystem, the division also provides a growing family of software applications that help clinical laboratories worldwide to track their performance and support their efforts in accreditation which helps the labs provide accurate medical test results to physicians and patients. Laboratory technicians use this software to check the accuracy of their test results through internal statistical analysis and external comparison against peer results of laboratories throughout the world. The real-world impact of this software is to help doctors accurately diagnose patient problems and provide the proper treatment to patients, saving lives and improving the quality of life for millions.
This position is eligible for a hybrid/flexible schedule.
We're seeking a hard-working and experienced Software Development Manager to join our team in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, high energy environment. Our ideal candidate has a passion for Software Development, Data Analytics with a hunger to take on challenging and exciting projects as well as a unrelenting drive to learn and lead others.
In this role, you'll
- Lead and grow a team of Software Development professionals to support software development activities on a cloud environment
- Lead the establishment and successful execution of a Software Development Strategy - to include program plan, schedule, cross-functional resource needs, and budget.
- Lead organizational process improvement projects, cross-functional business improvement teams, and develop shared best practices to drive functional excellence.
- Engage in project reviews, design reviews, and internal and external audits - leveraging your experience to improve software and process design contribute to ensuring the building and maintaining a complex, AWS cloud-based service platform.
- Experience in managing on-market development activities for both cloud applications and desktop applications.
Recommend and implement best practices for application reliability
- Work collaboratively with agile feature teams support our applications through the full software lifecycle
- Solve cutting-edge technical challenges that have real impact on healthcare quality
- Recognize areas of improvement and define a plan for realizing the improvement
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science or related engineering discipline
- 12+ years of high level experience in a language environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience. AWS or similar cloud software development preferred
- Works under general supervision on medium to large scale projects
Desired key skills and knowledge of the below technologies:
- Data Analytics Team Management Experience
- Expertise in ISO 14971 - Application of Risk Management to Medical Devices
- Expertise in IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software - Software Lifecycle
- Expertise in Software Engineering, Software Development Best Practices, or Product Development
- Working experience with internationally certified quality systems, USFDA Quality System Regulation, and / or other mature regulatory or process models
- Exposure to managing reliability activities on AWS or similar cloud platforms
- Ability to quickly and independently learn new or unfamiliar technologies and products using documentation and Internet resources
- Long-term thinker who is committed to excellence, teamwork, and the professional growth of their peers
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age Employer
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-CH1