Join the fast-growing Digital PCR center of Bio-Rad based in Pleasanton, CA. We are looking for a Software Development Lead to join our team and help in building exceptional Life Science products. We need an energetic and passionate Software Development Lead with a proven track record in design, coding, deployment, and maintenance of modern, robust and secure software applications. The ability to work with cross-functional teams and willingness to jump in and do what it takes to deliver on commitments will make you a successful part of the team.
- Lead a team of software engineers to architect, design and develop bio-medical and laboratory sciences applications
- Partner cross functionally (product, scientist, technology and design) to engage customers and deliver great product experiences
- Mentor and coach teams in technical and interpersonal skills
- Drive high performance. Lead technical conversations and enforce best practices to drive your teams to meet the highest standards
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple Agile frameworks and broad experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) for integrated systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- 10+ years of experience in roles related to software or firmware development
- 3+ years of management experience using Agile frameworks
- Demonstrated cross functional systems delivery of complex hardware and software platforms. Preferred experience fostering Agile software and systems development in a regulated environment
- Demonstrated experience growing teams, developing systems and processes to advance innovation, and improve quality, efficiency and timeliness
- Proficient in .NET, C#, WPF & XAML. Willingness to learn new technologies
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design and programming concepts
- Demonstrated experience with test automation and continuous delivery /deployment: TDD, unit/integration/functional testing, CI/CD
- Enjoy being part of a team and working in a fast-paced environment with lots of opportunity to contribute
- Strong verbal, written and graphical communication skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills both for yourself and your team
- Passionate about delivering high-value applications
- Ability to coordinate with peers and other teams to ensure cross-functional alignment, execute on strategic roadmaps and have a proven history of collaborative success.
- Passionate about management, mentoring, and crafting opportunities to support your team’s success
- FDA or other regulatory compliance experience
- C++ Experience
- UI/UX design
- Life science background or strong interest
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.