As a Software Developer Instrument Control, you will be part of a team developing the next generation of single-cell assays on our industry-leading partitioning platforms for clinical laboratories and research use.
The Clinical Diagnostics Group’s R&D team develops solutions that save lives. We are a globally integrated and multicultural team driven by the boundless scope of opportunity to impact the future of healthcare. We strive to create better experiences for both clinicians and their patients while helping our people grow and develop themselves in a thriving and supportive environment.
Our diverse set of products help Bio-Rad customers screen or diagnose a range of clinical diseases and conditions, delivering faster results and diagnoses for patients and ensuring reliable test results across many diagnostic tests and platforms. Our work encompasses a breadth of software development and data analysis solutions that harness innovations in data science. And with innovations like multiplexed digital PCR, multiplexed immunoassays, automated lateral flow, gel-based blood grouping, and blood typing and HPLC A1C measurements, our solutions impact everything from diabetes, infectious disease and autoimmune to non-invasive prenatal testing and reproductive health. In addition to innovative assays and platforms, our R&D teams also develop quality controls across most diagnostic tests run in labs.
How You’ll Make An Impact:
- Develop software used to control automated laboratory devices and instruments.
- Implement instrument control layers using C++ on Linux.
- Use Microsoft Azure DevOps to plan and manage development tasks, estimation, project backlog, and capacity planning.
- Perform and respond to peer code reviews in multiple programming languages.
- Work with internal and external chemistry, software, and engineering groups to collaboratively plan, design and implement software using SCRUM methodology in an iteration-based approach (design, task, implement, test).
- Work with and support Software Quality Assurance in their role of testing, verifying, and validating software modules and work with Business Analyst to ensure designs meet requirements.
- Participate in collaborative communication and open discussion of design and implementation approaches, discussing pros/cons with stakeholders and team members.
- Document work both with in-code comments, and with a combination of generated and hand-crafted documentation.
- Help stakeholders develop requirements by providing technical analysis of implementation effects and offering insights and suggestions as appropriate. Take requirements from design through to implementation both independently and with the larger team.
What You Bring:
- Solid experience developing software in C/C++, including use of the STL, on Linux or other UNIX-family platforms.
- Strong understanding of software design principles such as Object-Oriented Design and Design Patterns.
- Experience with data signaling technologies, such as RS-232 and Digital I/O, from both the system perspective and the hardware/electronic perspective.
- Experience with UNIX-style process handling and inter-process communications.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals.
- Have strong analytical abilities and an architect mindset.
- Ability to leverage limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Be open to working with other operating systems and new technology stacks.
Location: Benicia, CA.
Hybrid Opportunity: (3 days onsite/2 days remote).
Vaccination Requirement: Ability and consent to upload proof of completed Covid-19 vaccination into our secure database within 3 days of start date.
Total Rewards Package: At Bio-Rad, we’re empowered by our purpose and recognize that our employees are as well. That’s why we offer a competitive and comprehensive Total Rewards Program that provides value, quality, and inclusivity while satisfying the diverse needs of our evolving workforce. Bio-Rad's robust offerings serve to enrich the overall health, wealth, and wellbeing of our employees and their families through the various stages of an employee’s work and life cycle.
Who We Are: For 70 years, Bio-Rad has focused on advancing the discovery process and transforming the fields of science and healthcare. As one of the top five life science companies, we are a global leader in developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad range of high-quality research and clinical diagnostic products. We help people everywhere live longer, healthier lives. Recently voted a Best Place to Work, Bio-Rad offers a unique employee experience with collaborative teams that span the globe. Here, you are supported by leadership to build your career and are empowered to drive change that makes an impact you can see.
Benefits: Bio-Rad's biggest asset is its people, and the reason why our Total Rewards deliver programs that provide value, quality, affordability, and inclusivity while satisfying the diverse needs of our evolving workforce. Our robust offerings serve to enrich the overall health, wealth, and wellbeing of our employees and their families through the various stages of an employee’s work and life cycle. We’re proud to offer rich options, including no-cost medical plans, free HSA money, a new fertility offering with stipend, life and disability, paid parental leave, 401k plus profit sharing, employee stock purchase program, a new upgraded and streamlined mental health platform, extensive learning and development opportunities, education benefits, student debt relief program, pet insurance, wellness challenges, time off, ERG’s, and more!
Compensation: The estimated base salary range for this position is $111,900 to $153,900 at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be provided in writing at the time of offer, if applicable, and is based on several factors we believe fairly and accurately impact compensation, including geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other job permitted factors. This position is eligible for a variable annual bonus, which is dependent upon achievement of your individual objectives and Company performance.
EEO Statement: Bio-Rad is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and we welcome candidates of all backgrounds. Veterans, people with disabilities, and people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, and orientations are encouraged to apply.
Agency Non-Solicitation: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-AK1 #LI-Hybrid