North Wind Services, is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy. NWS has an established history of contributing to the success of their customers mission. Available employment opportunities may range from administrative and logistical support to advanced technical positions.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
Successful candidates will be employees of NWS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly-motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance the missions of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, CA. Though employed by NWS, the employee will take day-to-day direction from technical personnel employed directly by the research laboratories. Pay, benefits, Human Resource, and Employment Management functions are provided by NWS.
The Asset Management Department has an opening for a Shuttle Bus Driver. Under minimal supervision will drive a variety of vehicles including commercial motor vehicle (shuttle bus) and light passenger vehicles in support of the Fleet Management’s taxi section transportation requests. The candidate will interact with a variety of high-level managers and visitors. The successful candidate will report to the First-Line Supervisor of the Taxi Section.
This position may require the Shuttle Bus Driver have the flexibility to work overtime, shift and or weekends to accomplish goals. The successful candidate will be required to pass various on-site training modules to pursue work assignments.
- Shuttle commuters on a daily route.
- Operate a two-way radio to communicate with the Dispatcher.
- Inspect assigned vehicle routinely, noting any mechanical deficiencies.
- Wash exterior and clean interior of assigned vehicles. Daily vehicle fueling.
- Serve as a relief dispatcher, including dispatching shuttle buses to passenger pickup points through the use of a two-way radio.
- Pick up passengers at points referred by the Dispatcher.
- Operate paratransit wheelchair lift. Secure passenger’s wheel chair to restraining devices to stabilize wheel chair during trip.
- Shuttle vehicles to different locations.
- Operate according to LLNL safety policies and procedures.
- Provide occasional transportation for senior laboratory management, VIPs, and distinguished visitors; and transportation support required by LLNL organizations.
- Record the number of passengers transported and mileage accumulated.
- May perform other duties while not driving.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Current CA Drivers Class B License (P-Endorsement)
- Knowledge of Bay Area streets, highways, and airport locations.
- Knowledge of use of two-way radio or ability to learn.
- Knowledge of traffic directions via internet.
- Driver is required to pass various onsite training modules and comply with ongoing institutional training requirements.
- Excellent driving record.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to use tact, diplomacy and discretion when dealing with customers.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds at one time.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-employment drug test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Subcontractor.
Anticipated Clearance Level: L (position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave, and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline 1-208-528-8714 for assistance.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.