Are you a Shipping & Receiving professional looking for a step up in your career? If so, read on about our East Bay client’s Shipping Lead to support the warehouse operations of a leading fleet and commercial truck service provider.
In this role, you’ll be tasked with the following, but not limited to:
- Oversee the dock, warehouse, and storage area for all inbound and outbound deliveries.
- Lead oversees operations at the ground level, making sure that the rest of the team is accurately picking items for shipment to customers.
- Account for all itemized lists of arriving goods, ensuring that these shipments are correct in quantity and that they have arrived intact and unbroken.
- Serve as the Receiving Supervisor’s eyes on the floor at all times, ensuring that the workspace is clean, orderly, and safe.
- Participate in inventorying stored goods for accounting purposes as well.
Shipping & Receiving Lead Tasks
- Receive, inspect, inventory, document and store shipments.
- Oversee data system for storage and tracking of goods and shipments.
- Communicate with suppliers, receivers, drivers and staff for smooth shipment.
- Stage loading and unloading areas with appropriate equipment, materials and space.
- Prepare, package, document and deliver outgoing materials.
Required Education and Experience:
- 2+ years’ of hands on Forklift experience
- 2+ years’ of Shipping & Receiving experience in an industrial or production setting, preferably with Lead experience
- Intermediate level of Computer Skills (E.g. MS Office Suite)
- Solid communication skills across multiple levels of staff and departments.
- Ability to lead by example.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm
Assignment: Contract to hire
Pre-screening requirements: Tend to a 7-year criminal check
Compensation: $22 to $25 per hour, commensurable upon experience