The word translates to mean Japanese hospitality. For us, it is our commitment to our food, our service, and to our team so that every guest experience is memorable. To achieve this commitment, we focus on exceptional training and development which is why the majority of our managers have been promoted from our hourly team.
Team Member's principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Follow recipes accurately and maintaining food preparation processes such as prepping, cooking, mixing dough, and safe knife handling
- Complete hot and cold food preparation assignments accurately, neatly, and in a timely fashion
- Prepare food throughout the day as needed, anticipating and reacting to business volume
- Maintain appropriate portion control and consistently monitoring food levels on the line when preparing and cooking food
- Maintain proper food handling, safety, and sanitation standards while preparing and cooking food
- Guest interaction and providing outstanding Omotenashi
Shift leads ensure that the restaurant operates efficiently and profitably while maintaining professionalism and ethos. Shift leads are responsible for the business performance of the restaurant while on duty, as well as maintaining high standards of food, service and health code, and safety.
As a key role within Marugame Udon, the Shift lead position may be fast-paced, highly demanding, and very rewarding. As a Shift Lead, you will be equipped with the necessary training tools to develop into a restaurant Manager. Shift leads are required to complete management training in addition to fully-capable fulfilling hourly Crew- Member roles prior to independent shifts.
$18.50 - $19.50/hr depending on experience + daily tips (avg. $4 - $5 per hour)
- Competitive Hourly Pay and Daily Tips
- Benefit Allowance for Eligible Employee
- Medical/Dental/Vision for Eligible Employee
- Short Term / Long Term / Life and AD&D for Eligible Employee
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Flexible Schedule
- Free Meal with Every Shift
- Career Advancement Opportunity
- Flexibility of schedule
- 5 shifts a week minimum including weekends and nights
- Ability to work in a busy, fast environment
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with all restaurant employees and work as a team by helping others as needed or requested
- Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively with guests and other employees
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance at all times and display a positive and enthusiastic approach to all assignments
- Must maintain good hygiene with a clean and polished appearance and uniform
- Able to exhibit a positive and helpful attitude, and provide exceptional customer service
- Must work with a sense of urgency, no matter the level of business
- Ability to demonstrate a complete understanding of the menu
- Able to follow instructions for recipes and sanitation guidelines
- Ability to be cross-trained in all areas of the kitchen and line
- Punctual, strict attendance policy
- Abide by policy/procedure
- COVID-19 considerations: We follow CDC and local guidelines to ensure the safety of our team members and guests Coordinating the entire operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts
- Managing staff throughout their shift and providing them with feedback.
- Offering ”on-the-spot” training to staff on duty as needed.
- Addressing customer issues and resolving complaints.
- Ensuring that all employees adhere to the company’s uniform code including safety gear.
- Ensuring that all employees adhere to Company Policy(ies).
- Administering appropriate disciplinary actions as needed.
- Training and motivating crew members and supervisors
- Planning and executing shift duties in each key area of the operations
- Monitoring supplies and managing inventory to ensure par stock level is maintained
- Following government established guidelines and regulations when serving alcoholic beverages (if applicable)
- Maintaining cleanliness of the kitchen and dining areas of all time
- Maintaining effective communications with restaurant staff and management team
- Monitoring and maintaining the product quality, ingredient usage, and hygiene and sanitation practice meet and exceed company’s standards
- Preparing and handling cash drawers, providing petty cash as required and cash deposit for the day
- Preparing daily operations reports
- Coordinating regular equipment maintenance and repair
- Reconciling daily sales receipts and cash and credit card transactions and preparing deposit receipts • Assisting any area of the restaurant when circumstances dictate
- Must have an open availability and be able to work nights and weekends.
- Lift and carry bags and cases of up to 70 lbs., up to 20 times per shift: places these items on high shelves.
- Frequently bend and kneel
- Work frequently in a hot and damp environment.
- Stand and use hands for the entire 5-8 hours shift.
- Able to understand and follow the work schedule
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass and metal cans; burns, slipping, and tripping.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.