In this high-visibility position, you will join a team of User Experience web designers whose daily work enhances the customer journey for visitors to Bio-Rad.com, while positioning Bio-Rad as a leader in life science research and clinical diagnostics. You will work with our lead designer, our User Experience Architect, and other members of the Digital Experience teams to present pages on Bio-Rad.com that are in-line with customer expectations, business needs, and Bio-Rad online branding. You will work closely with division and regional marketing stakeholders to design new pages on Bio-Rad.com based on collaborative meetings, and support a multiple phased redesign of our company website.
Please Note: This role can be based in our Hercules, CA campus or will be a fully remote role.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, our lead designer, and other members of the Digital Experience teams to design new templates and pages to accommodate different types of products sold online.
- Design original pieces, including images and illustrations.
- Refine and resize existing assets to fit placement and context.
- Consult with Bio-Rad’s analytics lead on all projects to ensure we capture trends of visits and usage to newly launched pages and content.
- Work with the User Experience Architect to design pages based on new wireframes and process flows.
- Analyze data from Adobe Analytics, ForeSee/Verint feedback form data, SessionCam, and other data sources to inform design decisions.
- Work with the User Experience Front-end Developer and the Corporate IT Web Team to ensure designs will work with our website architecture.
- Collaborate with editorial to ensure all content meets editorial style guide.
- Ensure work is completed within our established Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Actively participate in regular meetings with the Digital Experience and Corporate IT Web Teams.
- Support all User Experience Testing (UAT) of new content and new website capabilities.
- Stay abreast of the latest design trends and software tools as you support or ever evolving web presence.
- 5-7 years demonstrable success as a Senior Web Designer.
- Portfolio of completed design projects.
- Hands-on experience with image editing software, like Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, fonts and layouts.
- In-depth knowledge of web design and maintenance.
- Advanced experience with search engine functions and optimization (SEO/SEM).
- Experience with web page versioning/source control and of Content Management Systems.
- Experience using data to drive design decisions.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-TWAZ