Bio-Rad’s Clinical Diagnostics Group (CDG) is one of the leading global providers of tests for infectious and autoimmune disease screening, diabetes screening and monitoring, blood grouping as well as a range of reagents and software for laboratory quality control. CDG provides over 3,000 reagents, devices, and instruments for about 300 diagnostic tests to a global customer base. At Bio-Rad CDG we are building a world class global R&D capability to support our ambitious clinical diagnostics strategy and drive long term growth for the company. An important part of this transformation is the creation of a Global Systems Engineering Organization to support our existing core diagnostics platforms and to execute an exciting new product roadmap. Within this organization we have an immediate need for an experienced Senior Staff Systems Engineer to fill a key position focused on the development and commercialization of cutting-edge in-vitro diagnostics platforms. This position will be hybrid starting in Benicia, CA and moving to Hercules, CA later this year.
This position is eligible for a $20,000 HIRING BONUS:
- Bonus offered for a limited time only.
- Bonus applicable to specific positions as labeled.
- Bonus recipients must be employed at the time of payout.
- Bonus payout after 30 days of employment with Bio-Rad.
- Bonus offered to direct hires only. Agency hires and internal transfers are not eligible.
- 12 months repayment clause.
- Provide technical knowledge of system engineering principles and their application to developing cost- effective, reliable and high-quality systems that satisfy customer needs and business requirements.
- Provide technical leadership to support the development of a sample to result system.
- Reviews and analyzes customer and business requirements, and articulates and documents system requirements and functions.
- Generates, analyzes and developing robust architectures, communicating and coordinating with marketing and cross-functional development teams, and assisting the development team of the balance between development cost, schedule, quality and performance.
- Participates or leads Cross-Functional Teams in system requirements definition, system functional decomposition and requirements allocation, system architecture definition, system modeling, and requirements traceability and compliance including verification plans and reports.
- Continuous development of skills and technical expertise required in order to support product development initiatives.
- Assist in the adoption and execution of Systems, Reliability, Risk, Usability and Requirements engineering.
- Maintains extensive knowledge of state-of-the-art principles, theories, and practices around all things Systems and Reliability engineering related activities.
- Works with the development teams in identifying and recommends long term tools, standards and methods to drive continual Systems and Reliability Engineering improvement.
- Conducts and participates in design/project technical reviews.
- Works to ensure quality and continuously promote Right First Time.
- Ability to thrive in a multi-disciplinary team setting collaborating with senior and junior scientists and engineers.
- Demonstrated innovation and initiative in dealing with technical challenges and assignments.
- Strong focus on results and achieving goals.
- Ability to identify internal customers and use their needs and perspectives in driving decisions and activities.
- Flexible and adaptive to a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- BS in Engineering. MS desirable.
- Training in Design for Excellence principals preferred.
- DFSS Green Belt certification is desirable.
- 10+ years’ experience in the engineering/development of complex systems comprised of electromechanical, fluidics and assay/chemistry subsystems.
- IVD experience, QSR/ISO regulations & standards, risk management (ISO14971) and Usability Engineering (IEC62366) in a regulated environment.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results. #LI-AK1 #LI-Hybrid
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.