We are looking for a talented and passionate Senior Staff Embedded Firmware Engineer to be part of an exciting team. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge scientific products used for scientific discovery. We provide innovative products that expand the research and diagnostic capabilities of our customers by delivering simple, affordable solutions. You collaborate with software developers, systems engineers, product managers, technical program managers, and electrical and other hardware engineering teams. You create extendable design and easy to maintain solutions with the long-term vision in mind.
This position is eligible for a $15,000 HIRING BONUS:
- Bonus offered for a limited time only.
- Bonus applicable to specific positions as labeled.
- Bonus recipients must be employed at the time of payout.
- Bonus payout after 30 days of employment with Bio-Rad.
- Bonus offered to direct hires only. Agency hires and internal transfers are not eligible.
- 12 months repayment clause.
- Development of new features for embedded systems.
- Investigating, prototyping and delivering new and innovative system solutions.
- Architecting and implementing embedded firmware designs/programs to support development of scientific instruments.
- Working with electrical, mechanical, software and system engineers to develop the firmware requirements.
- Designing, developing and verifying firmware, drivers and APIs for embedded systems.
- Participating in design reviews, API development, and documentation.
- Working with new technologies that are vital to product development.
- Delivering investigation plans and reports, architectural documents, design specs, software and firmware source code, build scripts.
- Performing tasks including debug, bring-up, Beta and production software development.
- Successfully collaborating with both software and hardware product teams.
- Writing software for hardware and system verification and validation.
- Writing software for manufacturing test fixtures and instrument calibration.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- 20+ years of experience as an embedded software/firmware engineer.
- Experience in one or more of these areas: cameras, sensors, motor control, PID control, USB, I2C, SPI communication protocols.
- Experience in embedded software design, development and debugging.
- Experience in coding in C/C++.
- Experience with RTOS or Embedded Linux.
- System level integration experience.
- Board bring up experience.
- Experience in writing unit and system level test software.
- Experience with Jira or other project management and bug tracking software.
- Ability to understand, debug and work with Schematics.
- This is not a Remote position, and will require you to be onsite at times.
- Strong debugging/trouble-shooting and problem solving skills of embedded systems.
- Expert in firmware design and implementation.
- Experience with Linux kernel and API library development.
- Experience with real time debugging tools (software and hardware).
- Knowledge in serial interface protocols like I2C, SPI and USB.
- Experience with PID control and motion control.
- Experience developing for ARM Cortex-M MCU.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-TWAZ