We are looking for an experienced Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team and help with the effort to build and extend existing automation frameworks. This individual will be working with a team to design and develop automation for testing of the latest software platforms for biological discovery and medical diagnosis and treatment. We seek an energetic and passionate individual, who has experience with Agile frameworks and working with scientists and systems engineers on instrumentation or other integrated systems.
NOTE: This position is eligible to be work from home/hybrid.
- Support Scrum delivery teams with estimation, planning, and strategy for testing Desktop and Web applications.
- Define and refine test requirements.
- Create test plans and test cases.
- Automate tests using internal, commercial, and open source tools and infrastructure.
- Review user interfaces for consistency, functionality, and adherence to design best practices and guidelines.
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track defects through resolution.
- Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process.
- Work with Software Development Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented, and ensure testing needs and concerns are taken into account continuously.
- 5 or more years test or development experience with Desktop and Web applications.
- Highly motivated, organized, and able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Understanding of Cloud/SaaS delivery using tools such as: Git, Jenkins, AWS.
- Proficiency with an object-oriented programming language, preferably C# or Java.
- Test Automation skills using leading Web & Mobile tools: Selenium, Cucumber, SOAPUI, or other.
- Experience creating performance and scalability tests using: Jmeter, or other.
- Scripting skills with one or more scripting languages, such as: Python, Ruby, PowerShell is helpful.
- Experience working on Agile (Scrum) teams, and/or in a DevOps organization, is very helpful.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, and professional business demeanor.
- Process mindset, able to develop and improve process in order to support quality applications.
- Experience working in an FDA regulated environment.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science preferred or equivalent education & experience.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
One of Bio-Rad’s strengths is the diversity of its people. That’s why we are proud to offer a benefits program that allows you to select from a variety of options to best meet the needs of you and your family. Bio-Rad Employee Benefits include FREE health insurance option for employees and their dependents, short and long term disability, 401k profit sharing, employee stock purchase program, $5k annual education benefits, student debt relief program, and more!
- 10% annual bonus
- $5,000 sign-on bonus