We are looking for an experienced Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team and help with the effort to build and extend existing automation frameworks. This individual will be working with a team to design and develop automation for testing of the latest software platforms for biological discovery and medical diagnosis and treatment. We seek an energetic and passionate individual, who has experience with Agile frameworks and working with scientists and systems engineers on instrumentation or other integrated systems.
- Support Scrum delivery teams with estimation, planning, and strategy for testing Desktop and Web applications.
- Define and refine test requirements.
- Create test plans and test cases.
- Automate tests using internal, commercial, and open source tools and infrastructure.
- Review user interfaces for consistency, functionality, and adherence to design best practices and guidelines.
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track defects through resolution.
- Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process.
- Work with Software Development Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented, and ensure testing needs and concerns are taken into account continuously.
- 8 or more years test or development experience with Desktop and Web applications.
- Highly motivated, organized, and able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Understanding of Cloud/SaaS delivery using tools such as: Git, Jenkins, AWS.
- Proficiency with an object-oriented programming language, preferably C# or Java.
- Test Automation skills using leading Web & Mobile tools: Selenium, Cucumber, SOAPUI, or other
- Experience creating performance and scalability tests using: Jmeter or other.
- Scripting skills with one or more scripting languages, such as: Python, Ruby, PowerShell is helpful.
- Experience working on Agile (Scrum) teams, and/or in a DevOps organization, is very helpful.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, and professional business demeanor.
- Process mindset, able to develop and improve process in order to support quality applications.
- Experience working in an FDA regulated environment.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science preferred or equivalent education & experience.
- Not Required, but Desired:
- Experience in Life Sciences.
- Experience working with ddpcr Instruments.
- Experience with System level Testing.
- Continuous Integration background.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.