The Senior Software Developer (DevOps) will be responsible for bridging the gap between development software and user ready software suitable for deployment. This will include facilitating testing, versioning, development of CI/CD pipelines for the build and distribution of software to a fleet of IoT devices. Additionally, this role will be responsible for developing the custom Linux-based OS on which the software and instrument runs. A successful candidate for the role with have a strong grasp on both software development and IT/Infrastructure operations. This position is eligible to be a 100% remote role.
- Manage the release and deployment of customer facing and backend software products.
- Build and administer fleet management software to track, manage, and maintain deployed devices in the field.
- Integrate codebases in a variety of languages into a cohesive software suite for distribution.
- Develop customized Linux based Operating Systems images through Yocto.
- Develop/Maintain automated CI/CD pipelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in roles related to software development.
- Strong proficiency with Linux based embedded operating systems and their creation.
- Experience designing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines in GitLab/GitHub and other runners.
- Strong proficiency with Git and code-management workflows including branching, tagging, and merging.
- Experience using Docker or similar containerization tools for platform-independent software deployments.
- Python, Typescript, Angular, NodeJS, a plus.
- Nice to have:
- Experience developing Linux distributions using Yocto.
- Software development in regulated environments (medical, aerospace).
- Agile and scrum practices and policies.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
BENEFITS & PAY (COLORADO):
One of Bio-Rad’s strengths is the diversity of its people. That’s why we are proud to offer a benefits program that allows you to select from a variety of options to best meet the needs of you and your family. Bio-Rad Employee Benefits include FREE health insurance, short and long term disability, 401k profit sharing, employee stock purchase program, $5k annual education benefits, student debt relief program, and more!
Approximate base pay range of $104,500 - $130,600
10% annual incentive bonus plan
$20,000 sign-on bonus