The Molecular and Cell Biology group of Bio-Rad Life Science R&D is looking for a result-oriented, problem-solving and self-motivated Senior Scientist with extensive experience in the research and development of reagents for cell biology, biochemistry and molecular biology. The individual will execute cross-functional projects to support new product development and improvement of existing products.
- As part of the R&D team, work cooperatively to contribute to the development of new products and process improvement in the areas of cell biology, biochemistry and molecular biology.
- Apply a variety of scientific principles and concepts to investigate feasibility of new products and generate potential intellectual property.
- Design and execute experiments/assays to verify product performance.
- Analyze and interpret data, write technical reports, develop processes and procedures, be capable of effectively communicating results to cross-functional teams.
- Troubleshoot technical challenges related to product development.
- Ph.D. in cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or related fields.
- Minimum 2 years of direct industrial or academic experience in protein characterization and flow cytometry.
- Fluent in techniques for cell culture, immunostaining and protein expression/purification.
- Good understanding of principles and practical experience in diverse scientific technologies such as protein analysis, flow cytometry, microscopy, NGS.
- Industrial experience with new product and assay development is a plus.
- Excellent writing and communication skills and ability to develop laboratory and production procedures.
- Strong analytical skills and be able to think and work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Efficient interpersonal and communication skills with positive and professional attitude.
- Experience with statistical analysis tools.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.