The project manager will lead new product development projects from concept through launch. The experienced Project Manager is a proactive leader who is passionate about science, new product development and actively working with teams to achieve business goals. The successful candidate will partner with the technical leads and project teams to move products to market as quickly as possible while maintaining high standards of quality. The candidate will be the primary voice of the project across the organization and representing the team to leadership. As the Project Manager you will have the unique opportunity to set the strategy for the project while also driving the project execution and being the first level of escalation for project issues.
How You'll Make an Impact:
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop and execute on a project strategy to take new products from concept to launch.
- Use strong project and organizational knowledge, leadership and active facilitation to enable effective team meetings and high performing teams.
- Proactively manage project risks. Drive mechanisms and management techniques that ensure an open and transparent approach to the identification, communication, and timely resolution of issues, risks, and challenges affecting project deliverables.
- Proactively manage project critical path and work with team to remove any impediments.
- Raise the bar on critical thinking, challenging the team and the organization to rethink assumptions and approach challenges in new ways.
What You Bring:
- Education: BS degree in engineering, chemistry or biology; Six Sigma green belt or PMP certification is a plus.
- Work Experience: 8+ years in a technical leadership role within product development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience with executive communication.
- Exceptional leadership skills. Adept at leading with and without direct authority, orienting team members, leaders, and stakeholders around shared objectives.
- Highly experience with development of complex instrumentation and dealing with complex interfaces and moving through the full development.
- Ability to articulate extremely complex information throughout the organization.
Location: Bio-Rad is pleased to offer the flexibility of Hybrid Work for this role.
Total Rewards Package: At Bio-Rad, we’re empowered by our purpose and recognize that our employees are as well. That’s why we offer a competitive and comprehensive Total Rewards Program that provides value, quality, and inclusivity while satisfying the diverse needs of our evolving workforce. Bio-Rad's robust offerings serve to enrich the overall health, wealth, and wellbeing of our employees and their families through the various stages of an employee’s work and life cycle.
Benefits: We’re proud to offer a variety of options, including competitive medical plans for you and your family, free HSA funds, a new fertility offering with stipend, group life and disability, paid parental leave, 401k plus profit sharing, an employee stock purchase program, a new upgraded and streamlined mental health platform, extensive learning and development opportunities, education benefits, student debt relief program, pet insurance.
Compensation: The estimated base salary range for this position is $127,000 to $174,700 at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be provided in writing at the time of offer, if applicable, and is based on several factors we believe fairly and accurately impact compensation, including geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other job permitted factors. This position is eligible for a variable annual bonus, which is dependent upon achievement of your individual objectives and Company performance
Who We Are: For 70 years, Bio-Rad has focused on advancing the discovery process and transforming the fields of science and healthcare. As one of the top five life science companies, we are a global leader in developing, manufacturing, and marketing a broad range of high-quality research and clinical diagnostic products. We help people everywhere live longer, healthier lives. Recently voted a Best Place to Work, Bio-Rad offers a unique employee experience with collaborative teams that span the globe. Here, you are supported by leadership to build your career and are empowered to drive change that makes an impact you can see.
EEO Statement: Bio-Rad is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and we welcome candidates of all backgrounds. Veterans, people with physical or mental disabilities, and people of all race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin and citizenship status are encouraged to apply.
Agency Non-Solicitation: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.