Bio-Rad Laboratories is seeking a highly proactive leader who is passionate about science, new product development, continuous improvement, and actively working with teams to achieve business goals.
The primary responsibility of the project manager is to lead new product development projects from conception through commercialization phases. The successful candidate will be able to partner with the technical leads and project teams to move products to market as quickly as possible while maintaining high standards of quality. A strong systems, engineering, or scientific background (preferably in diagnostics) and excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are mandatory.
- Creating and executing project plans/timelines.
- Creating and maintaining project records including project and design history files.
- Ensuring thoroughness, accuracy and high quality project documentation.
- Identifying potential project risk and guiding team around potential obstacles.
- Managing critical path items and successfully removing team roadblocks.
- Leveraging well developed interpersonal skills to build & maintain positive working relationships with functional groups throughout the organization.
- Identify interdependencies and look for strategic ways to mitigate risks throughout the project
- Use strong project and organizational knowledge, leadership and active facilitation to enable effective team meetings and high performance teams.
- Must be a proactive leader who has an active management style and sense of ownership of project deliverables.
- Must have a strong balance between science and business acumen with a deep desire to deliver business value to the organization.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively in leading project teams through obstacles and/or finding the best path forward.
- Able to articulate extremely complex information throughout the organization.
- Must have experience in a highly regulated industry such as medical device or pharmaceuticals
- Highly experienced with development of complex instrumentation and dealing with complex interfaces OR clinical diagnostic products and moving through the full development cycle including final product clearance/registrations including both within and outside the US.
- Willingness and ability to travel (domestic and international) 5-10% of the time.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), interpersonal skills, analytical/problem solving skills, negotiation skills, cross-functional team leadership skills and goal setting skills required.
- Effective presentation and meeting skills within all levels of the organization and with a wide variety of external/internal colleagues and collaborators.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, Word, Excel, Project, Visio and database).
- BS degree in engineering, chemistry or biology; Six Sigma green belt or PMP certification is a plus.
- 8+ years in a technical project leadership role.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.