In the Protein Purification Business (part of the Life Science Group at Bio-Rad), we provide scientific researchers with the chromatography tools they need to discover and purify proteins from the laboratory scale through clinical trials and into bioprocess manufacturing. With over 50 years of purification experience, we continue to expand our solutions to streamline the drug discovery and development process.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Product Manager to join our team in the Protein Purification Business at Bio-Rad Laboratories. We work with scientific researchers to develop new products, internally manage the development of those products, create go-to market strategies to commercialize products, and implement global business strategies to ensure the success of the overall business. Product development experience in the life science research field is a must-have, as this role will drive new products and solutions for the research markets, specifically with a focus on process chromatography resins.
We are seeking someone with strong knowledge of the marketplace and a demonstrated ability to commercialize and position products into these markets. A successful candidate for this role is someone with experience of product development experience using VOC to develop new process resins for large scale manufacturing of purified proteins.
- Collect voice of customer inputs, competitor’s intelligence, and market trends to contribute to the product roadmap.
- Define and bring to market new products and/or workflows for the develop new process resins for large scale manufacturing of purified proteins market in line with the group’s overall business strategy.
- Ensure that appropriate Customer Requirements/Design Inputs are crafted to guide the development team.
- Utilize market research, customer input, Area input, and other means to ensure profitable and differentiated products are delivered to market.
- Lead the commercial process through a successful launch and post-launch adoption.
- This includes the delivery of appropriate launch materials/tools to grow the business in a profitable manner.
- Manage the existing portfolio of products for growth and profitability.
- BS in a chemistry or similar field; MS or PhD is a strong preference, experience in liquid chromatography/Protein purification at process scale is a plus.
- 5-10 years direct product management experience in the life sciences or closely related industry.
- You have experience in collecting voice of customer data and using it to develop specifications for liquid chromatography and resins.
- You have managed the development of and commercially launched new products.
- You have or can develop relationships with key opinion leaders that can become product advocates.
- You are a strong communicator one on one, in groups, and with new people.
- Excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Highly customer focused individuals who can routinely inspire the larger organization.
- As a strategic thinker, you are exceptionally skilled team player, skilled in problem solving, decision-making, and conflict resolution, able to master complex scientific material and convey these concepts to others in a compelling, understandable manner.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad recently announced a new mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Bio-Rad will make reasonable accommodations for valid exemptions based on disability, medical, or religious reasons. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.