Bio-Rad Clinical Diagnostics Group (CDG) is one of the leading global providers of tests for infectious and autoimmune disease screening, diabetes screening and monitoring, blood grouping as well as a range of reagents and software for laboratory quality control. CDG provides over 3,000 reagents, devices, and instruments for about 300 diagnostic tests to a global customer base.
At Bio-Rad CDG, we are building a world class global R&D capability to support our ambitious clinical diagnostics strategy and drive long term growth for the company. An important part of this transformation is the creation of a Global Systems Engineering Organization to support our existing core diagnostics platforms and to execute an exciting new product roadmap. Within this organization we have an immediate need for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to fill a key position focused on the development and commercialization of cutting-edge in-vitro diagnostics platforms.
This position is eligible for $15,000 HIRING BONUS
- Bonus offered for a limited time only.
- Bonus applicable to specific positions as labeled.
- Bonus recipients must be employed at the time of payout.
- Bonus payout after 30 days of employment with Bio-Rad.
- Bonus offered to direct hires only. Agency hires and internal transfers are not eligible.
- 12 months repayment clause.
- Collaborate within a multidisciplinary team to develop mechanical solutions which enable next generation medical instruments.
- Review and analyze product requirements, articulate and document mechanical system requirements and functions.
- Participate in efforts relating to mechanical requirements definition, and functional decomposition, mechanical system architecture definition, modeling, and compliance including verification plans and reports.
- Develop mechanical solutions by designing components, creating assemblies, procuring parts, and authoring assembly instructions.
- Perform thermal/structural/CFD modeling and analysis of components and systems.
- Exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria.
- Assemble and test engineering prototypes alongside a diverse R&D team to validate research and correlate mechanical models.
- Perform root-cause investigations on systems and components to correct problems, improve product quality and reliability.
- Generate and release formal engineering documentation (part and assembly drawings, installation instructions, test reports, etc.) to support the development and manufacture of world class medical instruments.
- Collaborate with downstream partners to incorporate the considerations associated with Design for Reliability (DFR), Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Design to Cost (DTC), and Design for Service (DFS).
- Ensure high work quality, timely deliverables, and provide feedback to managers on process improvements.
- Manage SAP transactions related to sustaining engineering and new product development projects.
- Provide sustaining engineering support of legacy products by diagnosing production related issues as reported by the instrument manufacturer.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, MS preferred.
- 8+ years of experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Direct experience in medical device industry preferred but will consider automotive/high tech background.
- In depth knowledge and practical application of the principles of Mechanical Engineering.
- Expert user of CAD software such as SolidWorks (preferred), ProE.
- Proficient in the use of FEA/CFD analysis in Solidworks environment.
- Knowledge of working in a regulated environment, IVD experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Statistics.
- Experience with Design for Reliability (DfR) tools & techniques is preferred.
- Knowledge of lifecycle management tools such as JAMA is preferred.
- Knowledge of Agile principles of hardware engineering is preferred.
- Strong Communication, Leadership, and Computing skills.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad recently announced a new mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Bio-Rad will make reasonable accommodations for valid exemptions based on disability, medical, or religious reasons. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.