North Wind Services, is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy. NWS has an established history of contributing to the success of their customers mission. Available employment opportunities may range from administrative and logistical support to advanced technical positions.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
NWS demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an exemption, and associated accommodations if deemed available and reasonable, under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
Successful candidates will be employees of NWS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly-motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance the missions of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, CA. Though employed by NWS, the employee will take day-to-day direction from technical personnel employed directly by the research laboratories. Pay, benefits, Human Resource, and Employment Management functions are provided by NWS.
This position may require the employee to have the flexibility to work overtime, shift and/or weekends to accomplish goals. The successful candidate will be required to pass various on-site training modules to pursue work assignments.
- Contribute software design, development, design, and OOP architecture expertise to multiple projects and ensure that specifications are met.
- Design, code, implement, test, debug, maintain, and document software applications.
- Prepare and follow established software development standards and contribute to the future improvement of these standards.
- Research, develop, and contribute to complex, mission critical, role-based, enterprise level, full stack, restful, web-based applications.
- Conceptualize, develop designs, and implement solutions, in collaboration with key stakeholder customers and other developers.
- Perform all assignments in accordance with ES&H, security, and business practice requirements and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide technical leadership with relevant experience to manage complex projects, effectively leveraging the skills of team members.
- Solve abstract and complex problems through the delivery of solutions that require in-depth analysis of multiple factors and the creative use of established methods.
- Serve as a mentor for multiple mid-level staff and participate in recruiting efforts as needed.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration with concentration in Computer Information Systems or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience in Java applications development such as Java, Hibernate, JPA, and Web Services.
- Significant experience with HTML5, responsive design, and a basic understanding of CSS/SCSS.
- Advanced knowledge and significant experience with cross-browser testing and compatibility.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to work effectively with application developers, system programmers, and other technical staff.
- Highly advanced analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills to develop creative solutions to highly complex problems.
- Expert ability to communicate comprehensive knowledge effectively across multi-disciplinary teams with proficient interpersonal skills to collaborate and lead in a team environment.
- Highly advanced experience working with senior management with demonstrated ability to manage, coordinate, and guide other functional and technical professionals.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Experience working in and deploying solutions in AWS
- Experience with Scrum in an agile development environment
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-employment drug test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: Q (position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave, and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline 1-208-528-8714 for assistance.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.