The Human Resource Manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function at The Reutlinger Community under the oversight of the Eskaton Human Resources Director.
Reasonable accommodations may be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works with Local Union to ensure compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement for bargaining unit positions.
- Participate in meetings with the union and contract negotiations as required.
- Conduct New Hire Orientation as well as provide benefits overview to all newly eligible employees.
- Conduct New Supervisor Orientation.
- Coordinates and facilitates annual open enrollment including informational meetings and assisting employees with enrollments.
- Oversees bi-weekly payroll processing in coordination with department managers to confirm employee time records are accurate.
- Conduct investigations; may mediate issues with employees, management and the union.
- In conjunction with Eskaton Human Resources, reviews and makes recommendations for improvement of the organization's policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and confirms organization's compliance.
- Maintains responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Communicates changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures to employees and management.
- Assists department management in the employee annual review preparation and administration of the organization's wage and salary program.
- Manage the Leave of Absence function for The Reutlinger Community
- Manage the Workers Compensation Program.
- Respond to EDD and State Disability Claims.
- Coordinate Employee All Staff Meetings and Correspondence.
- Coordinates or conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Consults with Eskaton Human Resources and or in-house legal counsel as appropriate on personnel matters.
- Works directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Recommends, evaluates and participates in staff development for the organization.
- Maintains records in the human resource information system
- Reconcile monthly benefit invoices.
- Communicate with vendors regarding new hires, terminations, status changes.
- Participates on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities.
25. Recruit needed employees for all departments.
26. Complete onboarding process for new hires.
The Reutlinger Community Executive Director
Human Resources Assistant
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Schedule is typically Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.mm however hours and days may vary as required. This position may require occasion weekend work.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree and 4 years related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)/ PHR Certification credential.
Bilingual Spanish preferred but not required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Maintain SHRM-CP/PHR certification or have the ability to obtain certification within 12 months of hire.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Authorized to work in the U.S.
Please note this job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.