We are looking for a bright, dynamic Senior Financial Analyst to join the Bio-Rad FP&A team at our corporate headquarters in Hercules, California.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will be a key part of the Corporate FP&A team. You will be working with a highly visible, fun and motivated group of FP&A professionals working on global FP&A activities. You will partner with functional and business leaders to prepare budgets, forecasts, monthly financial analysis and reporting, and provide ad hoc analysis for decision making support. As an experienced finance professional, you will be expected to provide guidance to entry level staff and drive process improvements within the Finance organization.
- Lead and support business teams in the annual operating budget and forecast processes.
- Prepare monthly variance analysis of actuals to forecast and budget, explain and investigate any major discrepancies, and understand key business drivers.
- Participate in monthly close process (accruals, reviews, journal entries) and review meetings with business partners.
- Act as liaison between the business and accounting shared services group.
- Identify business process improvement opportunities, develops solution options, engages management and stakeholders to align on decisions, implements approved plan, and revises desk level procedures to reflect changes.
- Research and respond timely and accurately to business partner inquiries.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Business Partnership and Collaboration:
- The candidate must demonstrate an ability to build strong relationships with Finance and non-Finance business partners.
- The candidate should be a proactive leader exhibiting strong influencing capabilities with business partners and a willingness to maintain open and transparent communication across the organization.
- Lead projects.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance or related field; advanced degree a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in an accounting or finance role, either in public accounting or corporate finance;experience supporting any of the following areas of business desired: SG&A, R&D, consolidations, commercial (sales), supply chain (manufacturing & logistics).
- In-depth knowledge of internal and external customers in order to provide accurate forecasts and review assumptions underlying forecasts.
- Strong analytical background with strict attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, technically proficient person with a strong sense of ownership and business ethics to deliver quality work on a daily basis.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with finance and non-finance business partners.
- Proactive leader exhibiting strong influencing capabilities with business partners and a willingness to maintain open and transparent communication across the organization.
- Detail oriented with attention to process and documentation in addition to accuracy.
- Excellent Excel skills (PivotTables, Sumifs, Sumproduct).
- Excellent written communication skills to clearly convey monthly reporting to stakeholders.
- Ability to translate GAAP terms to non-accounting partners.
- Ability to manage deadlines from multiple project streams.
- Experience with Enterprise level Accounting and Planning software desired; Essbase and SAP preferred.
- Hands-on; must have a willingness to become involved in the details of the operations to ensure accurate information is provided to the business partners.
- PowerBI or related experience preferred.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad recently announced a new mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Bio-Rad will make reasonable accommodations for valid exemptions based on disability, medical, or religious reasons. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.