Join the fast-growing Digital PCR center of Bio-Rad based in Pleasanton, CA. We are looking for an Embedded Software (Firmware) Engineer to join our team and help in building exceptional Life Science products.
We need an energetic and passionate Embedded Software (Firmware) Engineer with a proven track record in design, coding, deployment, testing and debugging embedded systems firmware for scientific laboratory instruments, including device drivers and interfaces to application layer. The ability to work with cross-functional teams and willingness to jump in and do what it takes to deliver on commitments will make you a successful part of the team.
Note: This has the option to be a fully remote role.
- Design and develop multitasking real-time embedded applications in C++.
- Develop using Test Driven Design.
- Design Python code to verify embedded software.
- Work closely with the Software, EE and Systems.
- Collaborate on embedded designs in a small team environment.
- Sustain products over their lifetimes.
- Debug and troubleshoot issues effectively.
- Present data and designs to colleagues.
- Meet agreed-to schedules and deliverables.
- Work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary, product-focused environment.
- Develop firmware for systems using ARM Cortex.
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering (MS a plus).
- 5-10+ years’ experience designing embedded systems firmware in a production environment (shipped products a plus).
- Proficient designing object-oriented software in C++.
- Ability to bring up a new board (PCB)
- Experience with at least one real-time operating system.
- Experience with and an understanding of real-time issues.
- Willingness to learn and code in Python.
- Familiarity with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, current probes etc.
- Algorithm development in real-time control, data acquisition, and motion control.
- Experience working in a team-based, full lifecycle software development environment.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies, especially Scrum.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Benfits & Pay:
One of Bio-Rad’s strengths is the diversity of its people. That’s why we are proud to offer a benefits program that allows you to select from a variety of options to best meet the needs of you and your family. Bio-Rad Employee Benefits include FREE health insurance option for employees and their dependents, short and long term disability, 401k profit sharing, employee stock purchase program, $5k annual education benefits, student debt relief program, and more!
- Target base pay range of $93,300 - $139,900
- 10% annual bonus
- $15,000 sign-on bonus