Location: Livermore, CA
Title: Senior D&D Specialist
Schedule (FT/PT): FT
Clearance: Ability to Obtain
North Wind Site Services is focused on providing engineering, program management, environmental remediation services including investigation and characterization, environmental restoration, unexploded ordnance/military munitions response (MMRP), regulatory public involvement services, environmental compliance, logistics, and records and facility management.
North Wind Site Services and CDM Smith have formalized their long-standing and successful work history into a Small Business Administration approved Mentor-Protégé Agreement. North Wind-CDM Advantage JV (Advantage JV), an 8(a) Joint Venture combines two financially stable and culturally like-minded firms: North Wind Site Services, LLC (North Wind), an 8(a) environmental remediation firm, and CDM Federal Programs Corporation (CDM Smith), a large business design-build-operate environmental remediation firm.
Portage, Inc., is a technically diverse company providing consulting and project execution services to clients on their environmental, engineering, and infrastructure projects. Since its establishment in Idaho Falls in 1992, Portage has completed over $1.2 billion of projects focused primarily on investigations, remedial/response actions, and removal of radiological, hazardous, and toxic waste for federal, state, tribal, and local governments and private industry clients. Portage is ISO9001 certified and has an active NQA-1 compliant Quality Assurance Program. Portage is based in Idaho Falls, Idaho, with satellite offices throughout the country. On January 20, 2017, Portage, Inc., was acquired by North Wind Group.
The D&D Specialist provides support to the development and execution of the LLNL TAC Program and Procedures for oversight of D&D operations at LLNL conducted by others. He/she will support the TAC Program Manager with preparing the programmatic documentation related to performing oversight of D&D activities at LLNL to be completed by others. Additionally, the D&D specialist will review demolition contractor submittals and oversee field activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement LLNL Technical Assistance Contractor programmatic documents
- Support development, implementation, and maintenance of Department of Energy programmatic oversight and integration documents such as the Project Execution Plan, baseline, quality assurance implementation plan, interface agreements, etc.
- Provide subject matter expert review of demolition contractor technical and administrative submittals
- Provide subject matter expert consultation with DOE-EM, NNSA, and LLNL on topics related to radiological D&D.
- Serve as a subject matter expert having thorough knowledge of and experience with environmental remediation and D&D contaminated facilities for the DOE at the LLNL.
- Experience tracking project progress and planning activities with Primavera scheduling and Deltek Cost Point accounting software
- Broad knowledge of industry standards and practices
- Experience working with DOE, USACE and/or other government agencies
- Demonstrated experience overseeing and integrating operations/construction, work control and planning, finance and accounting, project controls and scheduling, safety, radiation protection, quality, industrial hygiene, procurement, and engineering on complex projects.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure work is performed according to approved project plans, procedures and policies.
- Coordinate multiple disciplines including operations, safety, industrial hygiene, quality, engineering, transportation and waste management, radiation protection and other functional groups on the project, as well as contracts management.
- Develop budgets and schedules for future work; lead/participate in negotiations with the client; develop estimates to complete (ETC) and estimates at completion (EAC) for ongoing work.
- Develop schedules and budgets for proposed project changes
- Conduct periodic project and customer meetings to review progress and discuss issues
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of project deliverables.
- Participate in periodic project review meetings (internal and external)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited college or university in a related field
- 10 + years of relevant, practical experience in a subject field that demonstrates expert level in D&D, D&R, S&M, Infrastructure, and operations oversight
- DOE experience
- Subject Matter expertise can include but is not limited to fire protection engineering, nuclear criticality, specialized regulatory/environmental/waste management, chemical processing, etc.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to interface with clients and manage expectations to ensure satisfaction.
- Ability to supervise and integrate individuals into work activities from multiple disciplines (i.e., craft, technicians, health & safety, professionals).
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including MS Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Ability to develop project schedules and budgets; Interpret progress schedules and cost accounting reports; Develop, evaluate and interpret production and earned value metrics;
- Nuclear facility experience
- Waste Management Experience
- HAZWOPER and Rad Worker Training
Ability to work overtime and travel as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be sitting for long periods of time in an office environment, but will also be required to stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee is often required to use handrails or fingers to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The majority of the work is conducted indoors. The employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION STATEMENT:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline +1.208.528.8718 or use the Request for Reasonable Accommodation form to get assistance.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion, or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Proof of citizenship will be required as a condition of employment.