We are seeking a Senior Capital Project Manager for our Global Real Estate/Facilities/Safety (GRFS) group to manage corporate facility capital projects in support of global operations of various corporate Groups and Divisions.
- Lead all aspects of corporate facility complex construction (capital) projects, with minimal supervision.
- Primary implementation of design and construction projects for new and existing buildings as leader of a
- team of internal and external subject matter experts.
- Primary duties include budget and schedule development and monitoring, contractor/vendor selection
- and coordination, project permitting, internal and external communications, and project reporting for a broad range of facility types including labs, offices, warehousing and diverse manufacturing environments.
- The single point of responsibility for the planning and delivery of all major construction projects for new
- and modified facilities.
- Works with customer senior managers to resolve issues needing their support.
- Responsible for developing project charters representing requirements of all stakeholder departments.
- Creates and presents capital acquisition requests for projects.
- Guide junior project managers and on-site facility managers in all project delivery methods.
- Perform project feasibility studies including scope, schedule and budget reviews.
- Develop and implement processes for delivery of projects in a consistent manner across the Global
- Portfolio with oversight from Facilities management.
- Oversight of the project permitting process.
- Negotiation of business terms of commercial construction contracts.
- Development and monitoring of project budgets and schedules.
- Assist the Capital Planning and Projects Leader in maintaining and executing design according to the
- existing workspace standards, as well as propose / implement new policies.
- Work with the CAD operator in implementing and maintaining the Space Planning software.
- Work with the Move planner on large scale relocation plans for capital related projects.
- Bachelor Degree in Architecture or Engineering; Master Degree in Architecture or Project Management or
- Business a plus.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the conventions and terms of commercial construction contracts, drawings
- and specifications.
- 10+ years of corporate or commercial project management experience.
- Project Management training and certification (e.g. PMP) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex problems and develop recommended actions.
- Strong understanding of construction practices, technologies and systems.
- Proven track record of meeting project requirements and deadlines.
- High degree of professionalism, organizational astuteness and ability to develop effective relationships
- with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Background in design, engineering and/or construction.
- Commercial Property Management experience a plus.
- Fluent in budgeting and financial management concepts for real estate.
- Travel will vary 10% to 75%.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including MS Project, Excel and Access.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-TWAZ