North Wind Services is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy. NWS has an established history of contributing to the success of their customer’s mission. Available employment opportunities may range from administrative and logistical support to advanced technical positions.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy. Successful candidates will be employees of NWS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly-motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance the missions of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, CA. Though employed by NWS, the employee will take day-to-day direction from technical personnel employed directly by the research laboratories. Pay, benefits, Human Resource, and Employment Management functions are provided by NWS.
The Information and Personnel Security Division (IPSD) has an opening for a Secretary III to work within the Central Clearance Section, which is comprised of four teams: Questionnaire for National Security Positions (QNSP); Preliminary Background Investigations (PBI), and Classified Visits, Grants/Terminations. Under limited supervision, the successful candidate will work as part of a team to provide moderately difficult task-oriented administrative support related to long-term site access or clearance requests. This position requires a high level of customer service in order to carry out duties in a manner congruent with customer needs. This position requires interacting with all levels of personnel within the Laboratory and Albuquerque Service Center, as well as external to the Laboratory. The successful candidate will report to the Central Clearance Section supervisor This position may require the employee to have the flexibility to work overtime, shift and/or weekends to accomplish goals. The successful candidate will be required to pass various on-site training modules to pursue work assignments.
- Receive and screen various clearance or access-related requests (e.g., Questionnaire for National Security Positions, badging/site access requests to ensure information is accurate and complete and request additional information if necessary.
- Obtain fingerprints. - Track and monitor processing of electronic requests to ensure compliance with pre-determined timeframes.
- Ensure the accuracy of data entered into appropriate databases. - Compose, coordinate and compile administrative reports, spreadsheets, documents and correspondence on own initiative for supervisor’s approval.
- Assist in maintaining filing systems.
- Provide outstanding customer service on behalf of the Security Organization in interactions with persons internal and external to the Laboratory
. - Perform a variety of administrative tasks in support of access control and visitor processing.
- Perform all assignments in accordance with ES&H, security, and business practice requirements and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide assistance to other areas within the Personnel Security Division as needed.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills; communicate clearly; possess tact and discretion to interact effectively with a variety of personnel and all levels of management.
- Experience in a customer service environment with the ability to maintain effective working relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skill with ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve problems.
- Attention to detail with accurate typing and proofreading skills. - Strong organizational skills with the ability to independently prioritize own workload and handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to function effectively either in a solitary or team environment and be self-motivated.
- Proficiency on personal computers and word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Familiar with MS Word, MS Excel and FileMaker Pro software.
. - Experience with web-based applications.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-employment drug test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: Q (position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave, and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to
complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline 1-208-528-8714 for assistance.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.