Bio-Rad is looking for a scientist with extensive experience in chemistry/biochemistry for the Reagent Manufacturing Process Development team. The individual will execute cross-functional projects related to the development and continuous improvement of our product lines with a focus on Molecular Biology Reagents, digital PCR reagents, pre-cast gels, and the Bio-Plex suspension array system.
- Represent Manufacturing Operations on new product development and manufacturing transfer teams. Collaborate with key stakeholders from R&D to operations functions to ensure projects are managed on time, robust, and cost-effective transfer of new products into manufacturing.
- Experience in method and process development; validation and scale-up.
- Participate in the verification and validation of new process improvements.
- Perform troubleshooting relating to product quality and manufacturing process issues.
- Investigate material issues and determine the root cause. Provide a cost-effective solution.
- Author, update or review validation test plans & data summary, production, and QC procedures.
- Setup changes control/infrastructure.
- Train manufacturing personnel.
- Work with external suppliers to resolve raw material quality issues.
- Be able to conduct root-cause analysis and FMEA.
- Bachelor's Degree with 10 plus years or Master's with six years of relevant industrial experience. Formal training should be in chemistry, biochemistry, or equivalent.
- Experience in reagent manufacturing processes.
- Requires strong problem-solving skills, technical proficiency, collaboration with key stakeholders and ability to work independently.
- Experience in Conjugation, linker chemistry.
- Able to apply scientific training to solve manufacturing and operational issues.
- Working knowledge of and application of good manufacturing theories and practices.
- Ability to work effectively and build relationships through inter-organization collaborations.
- Great organization and communication skills, adept at multi-tasking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the writing of scientific and technical reports and presentations.
- Prefer experience in regulated QMS.
- Prefer experience in Lean Six Sigma, DOE, and statistical analysis.
- Prefer experience with ERP system – SAP preferred.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-LL1