POSITION: RV & Storage Front Desk Reception
For over 100 years the Alameda County Fairgrounds has been a part of the community hosting live horse racing, over 250 events a year and an annual Fair that includes live concerts, tasting fests and cultural festivals that bring in nearly a half-million guests every summer. We are the Alameda County Agricultural Fair Association, a non-profit dedicated to managing the Fairgrounds. Our team works to assure the long-term viability of the Fairgrounds, present an exceptional annual Fair and provide year-round opportunities that celebrate the heritage and diversity of our county. As employees, we strive to focus on our values-inclusiveness, excellence, collaboration, innovation, positivity, team success, community and environment. And celebrate our successes with our community!
This Full time, non-exempt position is responsible for day-to-day operations at the RV Campground & Storage facility, including interacting with RV Campground & Storage clients. Good computer and customer service skills are essential for success.
We are looking for a guest-oriented reception team member who can communicate in a friendly and effective manner. The ability to show understanding and the confidence to ensure compliance of policies and regulations.
- Sell, book and schedule RV space for both RV South and RV North Campgrounds
- Assist in the smooth management of all day-to-day operations of the campgrounds, including in-and-out guest management, conflict resolution and policy enforcement
- Ensure campgrounds are clean and supplies are stocked and organized
- Assure all financial transactions meet accounting standards
- Run RV Campground reports
- Report park maintenance needs
· Assist Security and RV Campground/Storage Supervisor with new customer acquisition for RV Storage
· Moderate landscaping work such as picking up litter, raking leaves and striping lines
- Other duties as assigned by Security and RV Campground/Storage Supervisor
YOUR KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service skills in person and over the telephone
- Very good administrative and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of RV’s and their power requirements a plus
- Proven ability to learn new, specialized software programs; experience with scheduling software a plus
- Able to work independently as well as a team player
- Strong ability to resolve conflict
- Ability to accurately handle cash, credit, and check transactions
- Ability to work weekends and some evenings
The Alameda County Fair Association is a non-profit organization managing the Alameda County Fairgrounds with nearly 300 events held each year. Home to the Annual Alameda County Fair and public and private events including large consumer and trade shows, festivals, corporate events, concerts, graduations, picnics, weddings and other social events.
Alameda County Fair Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply.
Please submit your resume to:
By fax: 925 426-5196
By mail: 4501 Pleasanton Avenue, Pleasanton CA 94566 Attn: Traci Brumm